Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

10 gallon vertical conversion question...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 gallon vertical conversion question...
Does anyone have a standard 10 gallon vertical conversion laying around uninstalled? I need to bother for measurements on the glass. I have close measurements but don't want to go have 22 pieces of glass cut and they be slightly off. I could go get one as a sample, but rather not have to drive back and forth numerous times today. So any help would be greatly appreciated. I think what I'm roughly looking at is about a 3 inch tall screen and frame area, about a 11 inch x 9 5/8 inch main door, lose about 1/4 inch in living hinge and lastly a 4 3/4 inch by 9 5/8 inch bottom? I'm thinking I could be off a 1/8 inch or 1/16 inch here or there on bottom piece. Can't exactly figure out what the size difference is between the plastic mold inside dimension and outer.

Thanks!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Thanks, TJ
fitted Measurements for 10g Aqueon Vert (9 3/4 x 19 1/2)

below are actual measurements I used for sizing glass

My living hinge required 1/4" (same as your est)

Width is 9 5/8
My bottom piece is 4" H
My Screen is 2 3/4" H (in hindsight should have made screen gap as small as possible) - Humidity drops to 75 by end of day if you dont have Humidifier in the same room.
Door is 12 1/2" H

Hope this helps
Scott - North Dallas
It does! Thank you! I had to leave dimensions at lowes today for them to cut the glass. Gave me some crap about they would call me tonight or tomorrow to pick up. Guess what! No call tonight! So I guess tomorrow now. Not like it matters though. Can't find anyone that sells "living hinge" locally. So I guess I have to order tomorrow. Gonna be a couple days behind schedule now...but what do you do. Is this stuff called something else or used for something else in the real world? I hate going into places asking for this stuff! Same stupid question and looks everytime. "What are you trying to do? Well what's it for?" It doesn't matter what its for....told ya what I'm trying to do. Cuz evrytime, well aren't they poisonous? Are they even legal to have? Why would you want those? Ugggghhh! Ok, enough ranting there! Just frustrated that I am at a stand still with my new tanks.

Thanks, TJ
Check w the local fish store - that is where I bought mine. Yes, living hinge is name. I bought it in a strip - cut it w a hack saw and heavy duty straight edge.

Good luck
-Scott
Scott - North Dallas
Awesome! Thank you Scott! Will be hot on that tomorrow now!

Thanks, TJ

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020