Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18x18x24 Build
Sorry, a lot of the in between pictures are missing. But it is something to look at if your bored right!? Sure.

I just need to purchase and treat some more gravel. Add leafliitter and seed the vivarium. Add a wood feature. Setup the lights and mistking.
Annnnd she'll be ready to plant!

Pretty happy how this one is turning out, hope you guys enjoy.

[Image: IMG_0090.jpg]
The workshop =)

[Image: IMG_0089.jpg]
Supplies

[Image: IMG_0091.jpg]
Home made vines, not the best but it works.

[Image: IMG_0092.jpg]
Coffee for proper focus

[Image: IMG_0093.jpg]
One vine complete!

[Image: IMG_0123.jpg]
Another picture of the car for the car guys =) Its for sale by the way.

[Image: IMG_0119.jpg]
And this is what i got so far.

[Image: IMG_0122.jpg]
Close up.

[Image: IMG_0121.jpg]
side

[Image: IMG_0120.jpg]
side, as you can see i spray painted to hide the false bottom

[Image: IMG_0126.jpg]
a look at the seperation

[Image: IMG_0125.jpg]
annd another closeup.

Love to hear some recommendations. Especially plant recommendations.

Cheers
Azureus - Imitators "Cainarachi Valley" - Leucomelas - Black Jeans
Found some middle pictures.

[Image: imagejpeg_21.jpg]

[Image: imagejpeg_2.jpg]

[Image: imagejpeg_22.jpg]
And shes planted. Really not caring for how the new lighting looks. May consider picking up different bulbs.

Tell me what you think!

[Image: IMG_0136.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0135.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0134.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0133.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0132.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0137.jpg]
What kind of lighting is that? "Aquarium" bulbs? Looks really pinkish. What kind of frogs did you build this for? Just curious.
Jon
It'll look even better after plants grow in. May consider some structure going across the tank at angles.
It look s like the bulb spectrum is low-ish , possibly in 2700 K range? Hard to tell in pics. But if natural lighting is what you are going for 5500 K is pretty much there.
Now, how many and what frogs do you want for the Nova?
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:What kind of lighting is that? "Aquarium" bulbs? Looks really pinkish. What kind of frogs did you build this for? Just curious.

It was two "plant grow" bulbs i found at menards. I was in the mood to try something new. Definitely starting to not like them though. More than likely some black jeans or my imitators will be going in here. I have another 2 tanks ready to be planted now so i have my options! Haha.

RichFrye Wrote:It'll look even better after plants grow in. May consider some structure going across the tank at angles.
It look s like the bulb spectrum is low-ish , possibly in 2700 K range? Hard to tell in pics. But if natural lighting is what you are going for 5500 K is pretty much there.
Now, how many and what frogs do you want for the Nova?

Rich i agree, those plants are all very tiny. I bought a package from joshs frogs because im not very good at selecting plants. I figure in a few months they will have filled in everything nicely. I have some ghost wood i am planing to put up on angles i am just kind of waiting for the plants to grow some. Now i have my 40gal breeder to plant lol!
Im going to return those bulbs today. I was trying something the "salesman" recommended. Mistake on my part.

Hahaha and for the nova.... i think the answer is... a proven pair of everything you have. lol jk
wow...Def very 'pink-ish" light. Get one of those super LED bulbs from Todd Goode Lighting.

In the future - Black Contact paper is much better, easier, forgiving of mistakes, peelable, re-stickable,cheaper, to use to hide the false botton than paint.

Viv looks Bonzer !
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:wow...Def very 'pink-ish" light. Get one of those super LED bulbs from Todd Goode Lighting.

In the future - Black Contact paper is much better, easier, forgiving of mistakes, peelable, re-stickable,cheaper, to use to hide the false botton than paint.

Viv looks Bonzer !

Thanks phil, ill remember the black contact paper for future reference =)
Thinking about running a black sheet along the back wall so there is less reflection of light.
Just picked up some 5k and 6.5k bulbs from menards. Going to try both and see what i like.

Here they are with some new lights.

[Image: IMG_0140.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0139.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0138.jpg]
Much better!!! Not only does it look better, the plants will like it better too!
Jon
Nice...btw...Nize leaf litter !!
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:Much better!!! Not only does it look better, the plants will like it better too!

Thanks! I think the lights look better too! I saw a few 3" broms at the reptile expo, i think im going to pick a few of those up to help accent the tank.

Philsuma Wrote:Nice...btw...Nize leaf litter !!

Thank you, haha only the best!
Oh at the Scott Smith show? They are 3 inches now but how big do they get? lol
You should come down sometime, Plainfield is only 1/2 hour from me. David from P-field came down to visit and pick up some frogs a few weeks ago.
Jon
Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:Oh at the Scott Smith show? They are 3 inches now but how big do they get? lol
You should come down sometime, Plainfield is only 1/2 hour from me. David from P-field came down to visit and pick up some frogs a few weeks ago.

Yeah! The scott smith expo! The man said they dont get any bigger than 3-5inches. When thinking about it... it seems really tiny.

I would love to come out and check out your collection sometime. Always interested, ill bring a bib for my drooling. Hahaha
Yeah my frog room is BYOB lol
Jon
Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:Yeah my frog room is BYOB lol

Hahahaa, thats cool with me!
Added some ghost wood, probably will add more in time.

[Image: IMG_0141.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0142.jpg]
Heres an update of the tank.

[Image: photo1_zps099ee850.jpg]

Im looking for a nice cutting of creeping fig. Will pay shipping + plant charge.
PM me!

Growing in quite nicely id say
Late night, sleepy.. crappy phone picture update.
Thank you Craig for the new plants. They hit it very nicely.

[Image: photo_zps394fa017.jpg]
It's shaping up very nicely!
thanks chuck! i cant wait until its heavily over grown lol!
once the frogs come i plan on doing a fresh layer of leaf litter as well.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020