Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
75G Patricia Viv
A construction pic.

[Image: dscf0044m.jpg]

After planting. Full tank shot.

[Image: dscf0146m.jpg]

Left side.

[Image: dscf0148y.jpg]

Right side.

[Image: dscf0149a.jpg]

We have small water areas in all of our tanks and have had some success raising Tincs in them. We built this tank to see if we could successfully raise a larger amount of Tads. A soon to be breeding pair of Patricias, will be housed in here. It should be a fun project!

Thanks for looking.
Glenn
Wow. A real "big boy" of a tank.

Is it custom made? It's top opening, I'm guessing.

A pair of Tincs in a 75 gallon...That's what I call, some decent room.

Excellent Viv, Glenn.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Thanks Phil!

It's an aqaurium and believe ,I'm not a fan. lol I'm so used to front opening that this was a bit of a struggle, but felt we needed more of a water area, than the biggest Exo could offer.

The goal is to tank raise the them just like Thumbs or Pums. We've done it a few times with Bakhuis tads/froglets. We have some Alanis and Azureus tads in tiny amounts of water too. We'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to see how well/not well it does...
Glenn
Very nice set up! My 75gal is a bit of a pain as well. Definately prefere the top opening vivs. How did you make the root structures? almost looks like string/rope smothered in gorilla glue then rolled in moss....hmmm just gave myself an idea!
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
D3monic Wrote:Very nice set up! My 75gal is a bit of a pain as well. Definatly prefere the top opening vivs. How did you make the root structures? almost looks like string/rope smothered in gorilla glue then rolled in moss....hmmm just game me self an idea!

Thanks

Yepper

Rope and silicone/coco in this case. Got it from Hex/Raf and Grimm. I'm sure GG would work too. The larger pieces were Pond foam.
Glenn

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020