Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Coccidia Challenge
The people this is directed at will know where I am going with this.

I would like anyone to cite in "Amphibian Medicine and Captive Husbandry" by Dr.s Wright and Whitaker
where a CURE for coccidia is referenced or noted.
I can site at least two separate areas where treatment helped, but did NOT eliminate coccidia, ie. cure.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Also , as to questions about frogs having coccidia without testing positive through a fecal....eventually the coccidia will start shedding. Testing over long periods of time have shown this in our (my brother and myself) studies.
Coccidia will show up ..sooner or later...through a fecal, if the host is infected.
I am still searching for an avenue ( University) to help with coccidia studies in frogs I will donate. Please contact me if you can help out.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Good to hear that you guys are looking to further our knowledge of this nasty parasite. I know that there have been many heated arguments about the possibility of curing and suppressing the organism and hopefully such studies will shed light on the nature of infection, transmitance and eventually (hopefully) defeating it. I'm really glad that someone is starting to put together some more extensive studies about the #1 frog killer. Hope everything goes well and maybe we will all be able to sleep a bit easier at night.
Good luck.

Luke

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020