Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adelphobates galactonotus Eggs - pics
Snapped a few pictures of the solid orange galac eggs at various stages.
those are amazing pics. Thank you for posting them
very nice close ups.
Wow those pics are so fascinating!
Wow Very impressive....
What color galacts?
I wanted to let you know Cindy that I remembered these photos and they are so helpful to me with my first galac eggs. I have a two I thought were the same sex but yay..not so!

Sally
Nice pics!
what colour / morph galact Cindy ?
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Sally Wrote:I wanted to let you know Cindy that I remembered these photos and they are so helpful to me with my first galac eggs. I have a two I thought were the same sex but yay..not so!

Sally
The galacs can be tricky to sex! Glad you ended up with pair!

SGcvn69 Wrote:Nice pics!
Thanks!

Philsuma Wrote:what colour / morph galact Cindy ?
Phil, these eggs were from the solid orange, but they look the same as the reds. :lol:
Wow, awesome pics Cindy,so wonderful to see that level of detail. Cindy am i right in thinking that Galac eggs and tads are grey right the way though development ? Also do you find the reds more difficult to breed,they have a reputation for being very shy here,although there are very few in the UK that i know about...very scarce I believe.
Thanks again superb pics.

Regards,
Stu
Thanks Stu!
The galac eggs start out white, and they evetually darken, and the tadpole that hatches is black.
Yes, the reds can be finicky! They can be rather reclusive, on the other hand the solid orange are very visable, always out and about.
Cindy Dicken Wrote:Thanks Stu!
The galac eggs start out white, and they evetually darken, and the tadpole that hatches is black.
Yes, the reds can be finicky! They can be rather reclusive, on the other hand the solid orange are very visible, always out and about.

Thank you Cindy, actually I omitted to mention I know of no solid orange here, we have I think you call them 75% orange, again these seem to be similar in behaviour to yours, always out,we see 2 very different strains here one a very vibrant orange, one less so. The vibrant ones originate in Holland i am pretty sure i am right i saying, a wonderful guy breeds them up north they will be an essential to us. Tell me Cindy, do you keep them a bit warmer than your other frogs ?
Regards,
Stu
The solid orange are very striking! When people first see them they often think they are terribilis.

We keep all of our frogs in the same room, and we try to keep the room at a fairly consistent day time temp year round. Currently the outdoor temps are 100+, the frog room is staying around 74 degrees, tank temps are 77-78 degrees. I don't think I would say they like it warmer, as my groups usually stop breeding around May or June, and usually do not start up again until Oct. or Nov. During the winter months, the night time temp drops in the frog room can be into the middle to low 60's so the tank temps fluctuate down during this time, if anything they might prefer it a little cooler.
Cindy Dicken Wrote:The solid orange are very striking! When people first see them they often think they are terribilis.

We keep all of our frogs in the same room, and we try to keep the room at a fairly consistent day time temp year round. Currently the outdoor temps are 100+, the frog room is staying around 74 degrees, tank temps are 77-78 degrees. I don't think I would say they like it warmer, as my groups usually stop breeding around May or June, and usually do not start up again until Oct. or Nov. During the winter months, the night time temp drops in the frog room can be into the middle to low 60's so the tank temps fluctuate down during this time, if anything they might prefer it a little cooler.
Thanks again Cindy,in your room temperatures is partly the reason i asked,i am trying to work out where on our 3 story racks eack species will benefit from being kept,our room keeps very similar temperatures to yours,although a bit warmer...not by much in the winter nighttimes,i would guess our extremes of temperature are not as excessive as yours, here in England.i'm slightly perplexed though as the bottom to top gradient,is almost non existant,weird. Sorry i'm going slightly off topic in your Galacs thread,but was going for possibly a couple,of groups in 2 biggish say 2' cubes which are right up top,as i understood these guys prefered slightly warmer temps than some of our other guys,i might have to rethink now.
Yeah i've heard that many people mistake O G's for terribilis but presumably they ,galcs, are abit smaller,so for us beginners any other key identifying features?
thanks loads mate especially for the unwitting room temps :lol: alot of reasurance for us there
regards
Stu

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020