Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dendrobates tinctorius 'Oelemarie'
Setup a new viv the other week for 1 of my future pairs of Oelemarie tincs

[Image: DSC00303.jpg]
Closer shot of the fake rock in the background
[Image: DSC00308.jpg]
[Image: DSC00310.jpg]
[Image: DSC00309.jpg]
[Image: DSC00316.jpg]
[Image: DSC00331.jpg]
[Image: DSC00332.jpg]
[Image: DSC00338.jpg]
[Image: DSC00336.jpg]
[Image: DSC00337.jpg]
[Image: DSC00339.jpg]
Wishbone Probable female
[Image: DSC00341.jpg]
[Image: DSC00343.jpg]
Been trying to get a shot of Biohazzard but hes not the most cooperative when it comes to getting his photo taken.
Ive also added a few more pieces of Pilea 'Silver Tree' Which Im sure in 3 months Ill regret LOL

Todd
Great substrate photo documentation Todd. Thanks for that. This thread can be pointed to, when someone wonders how to use leaf litter or how much and when they don't want to go the ABG route. Really nice. I've made several vivs / substrates exactly like yours above.

Also, love the slope - allowing for a nice raised viewing area when you look into the viv and it provides somewhat of a wetness degree. Wetter in the front and a little more dry towards the rear of the tank / slope.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Also note that I have allowed for 2 small pools of water to form from misting. This something that Im trying instead of 1 big pool in the front as I see too often in most vivs.

Also the plant list:

Pilea 'Silver Tree' I think Ive added 7-10 cuttings
Selaginella serpens also at least 7-10 cuttings
Syngonium SP , tho im not so positive that its a Syngonium
Begonia 'Abu Dhabi' 2 rhizomes
Marcgravia rectiflora 3 cuttings

I'm trying to find a single orchid species that would suit well in there but as of now Ive yet to find something suitable for this particular tank.

Ive also added springtails and woodlice so far. The silicone smell seems to be gone but currently there is a strong odor that Ive determined to be coming from the substrate mix with the main contributor of the smell being the Fir bark

Todd
Looks good Todd, love that plant assortment!
Thanx Cindy,
I tried to keep the variety to a minimum and just use tons of repeats. Also Phil, note the way I layered the cube? I told you they arent too deep and hard to work with when they are planted correctly LOL
oh no Todd....I'm not a cube "hater". Even though I prefer the "tall and thinner stuff", when done right, those cubes can be hardscaped nicely.

I think those ones that you got , were just planted wrong and hinder any enjoyment of the viv and frogs.
If you notice I try to keep the tall stuff towards the back of the tank?

Todd
What is the substrate made out of exactly? Good looking viv as well.
Lots of stuff including Fir bark, kitty litter (100% natural clay) ,pea gravel, coco fiber, long fiber sphagnum moss
BlackwaterTropics Wrote:Lots of stuff including Fir bark, kitty litter (100% natural clay) ,pea gravel, coco fiber, long fiber sphagnum moss

OK I thought I saw other stuff with the sphagnum but wasn't sure....Thanks Todd.
Azurel,
I'm assuming that the other objects you noticed in the sphagnum were in the pix with the frogs ?
That was the temp tank and just pea gravel for drainage and then LFS on top with leaf litter thrown down as well.
The new tank you cant see anything other than leaf litter and LFS really due to me putting extra sphagnum on top of the mix prior to adding leaf litter. I will be uploading some photos later tonight or tomorrow. Hoping to move Biohazard's viv back into the frog room which I hope will allow me to get a couple good shots of him.
Hey guys I had the male and female together for a few minutes the other day for size comparison. I decided to take a few shots before I re-separated them.

1 shot is of the male Biohazzard.
[Image: DSC00491.jpg]

Next shot is of courtship within seconds of him being introduced to the viv
[Image: DSC00490.jpg]

Final 2 shots are just of the 2 chasing each other a bit.
[Image: DSC00489.jpg]
[Image: DSC00493.jpg]

While they are ready to breed the 2 are almost exactly the same size and I want her to be bigger than him. So a few more months and they will be together permanently.

Enjoy!

Ill be getting more shots of the viv as it grows in as well. Also look forward right around the end of October for more shots of the 2 as that is about the time frame I plan to put them together permanently.

Todd
I should note that in most pix Biohazzard is on the right and Wishbone is on the left Big Grin
Hi guys,

I was playing around with the camera today and found some decent exposure settings that dont wash out the color nearly as much on the frogs. Maybe just slightly darker than they really are but atleast not washed out LOL

So here are some photos of Wishbone and Biohazzard. And some shots from the permanent Oelemarie viv.

Biohazzard
[Image: P9120037.jpg]
[Image: P9120036.jpg]

Wishbone
[Image: P9120015.jpg]

Begonia 'Abu Dhabi'
[Image: P9120010.jpg]
[Image: P9120009.jpg]

Pilea 'Silver Tree'
[Image: P9120008.jpg]

Please enjoy!

Todd
Definitely a nice set of pics.... but you need to post pics of the rest of your other tanks Smile

*edit*
What I meant was, you should start a picture thread that has all of your pics together.
Now that I think about it.... I should practice what I preach and start my own picture thread. Sorry for the slight thread hijack
.Riko
Hey no problem, would anyone else like to see this?!

Vote people!
LOL
Todd
[Image: PA010009.jpg]
Last photo was the most recent pic of the vivarium Big Grin

Now here is Wishbone begging again.
[Image: PA010010.jpg]
Good Stuff Todd....Tincs are pretty bold.

Agreed. I really wish my Bakhuis were as bold as the other morphs.

Todd

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020