Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Exoterra Styrofoam Background ok to get wet ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exoterra Styrofoam Background ok to get wet ?
Hi, my exo terra terrarium kit came with a Styrofoam background. Has anyone ever had any experience with them. I like how they look so I want to keep it, but can it stand the humidity and mistings ? Thank you very much. Big Grin
Cer Was Here!
0.0.3 "Chocolate" Leucomelas
Yep...it will do fine exposed to all sorts of misting and even direct water.

No problems.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Thank you very much.
Cer Was Here!
0.0.3 "Chocolate" Leucomelas
I suck at carving great stuff, getting better, but still suck. What I've done on a number of tanks now is hardscaped the back, and then take the background it comes with and cut along the ridges to make separate "rocky ledge" type pieces.
These I then silicone to the sides of the tank, some I turn sideways etc... to make ledges or jutting out areas if that makes sense. I still silicone and cover with cocofibre, but it makes some ledges, and areas I can mount broms too. Beats a landfill.
Derek
1.5 kids and a bunch of frogs
What i have been doing ( after finding a home for styro backround ) is to keep it simple and cut to size enough cork flats to cover back glass fairy well and silicone the back of cork to glass and cure a few days.Then fill in the gaps between cork pieces and around top/side edges with wet ( then squeezed out excess water ) spaghnum moss. Looks alot nicer and climbing plants will grow on this much better! Also broms/orchids can be mounted on cork easily. Before when using the styro backrounds -they will hold up with no problems from misting/spraying. Good luck!

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020