Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Exoterra Vivs - What Mods are needed ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exoterra Vivs - What Mods are needed ?
These exo-terra glass cages look like they're full of win, but a few people here have said that they have to be modded to work well. I've become quite enamored of the 24 x 18 x 24 size.

Since I couldn't find it in the search, what mods have to be made on them? And besides price, what other failings do they have?

Somehow it seems to me that if I'm going to be feeding frogs daily and pruning plants every few weeks that a closed top aquarium type would be a lot of pain. Seems like a front opening door would be very nice.
They are very nice! The most common mods are to replace the screen top with glass, to drill the tank and top for misting/drainage, and to silicone around the gaps around the doors. The last Mod is sort of tricky. You need to make sure to seal up the top of the back wall. You can't see by looking, but there is a gap in the back top which can allow small frogs to climb back and get stuck behind the styrofoam background insert, or escape where the wires and tubes come in. Have fun!

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020