Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firebrat info needed
maybe the topic alone cues ya'll to the fact that i'm reading (and rereading and rereading) the breeders series book which came out recently. firebrats seem to be a staple in europe, but i had to google them to find out what they are, even. does anyone keep them? what's your experience?
Mack,
I had a "bug" person contact me a bit ago wanting to send some to me to try out. Much as Euro stuff happens, things have been delayed. I do want some though.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
what all are you feeding rich.
hey ya'll

check this out: http://www.doubleds.org/HotFinds.html . i've ordered some and am excited to see how it works out.
I hope to try fire brat (aka silver fish) as soon as I get some frogs, there available here which is nice but \i am working on site right now so dont have time to get a frog collection going right now and there are many other issues in life that need to be taken care of before the frogs come back into my life. but fire brats are very populer in europe, as are ff and spring tails.
I think it is necessary to mention that firebrats and silverfish are not the same thing. Firebrats like it drier, and I have yet to them establish themselves in a viv, although when I was working with silverfish they did. I may add some silverfish to a new large vi (350 gallons), for a viv. janitor. But they don't breed fast enough for a staple feeder. Silverfish tend to lay only a few eggs at a time, that take along time to hatch. Opposed to firebrats who lay around a 50 that hatch in about 10 days.
BTW to culture them I keep them in a rubbermaid with egg carton, feeding bran/fish food/ and rice paper on occasion. I place cotton balls in every few days for them to lay their eggs in, I then remove it to a smaller container to raise the babies in. Many people keep this floating in a larger container, to prevent any escapes, and to increase humidity. But my shed is humid, and it seems like any escapees are captured by the resident anoles.
thanks for the tips!

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020