Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frog Behaviors
Curious,as always. I realize these may not be things that are known, but maybe they are, or maybe some of you have your observations that lend some insight.

Do pressure changes in the barometer affect frog behavior in any way? Calling, boldness, breeding etc? I know that it did affect my bettas when I was breeding them.

Is the bobbing thing (I saw it described as fast pushups somewhere) an aggressive behavior? And, would a frog do it if it couldn't see, or smell others (and presumably not hear, I haven't heard any calling.)
I believe I read that the frogs have pheromones or something like that...dang I should write stuff down...

Last question, promise! Do frogs make sounds outside of the range humans hear?
Lisa
In central NY

R. Imitator 'Cainarachi Valley' 2.3.0
R. Imitator 'Cainarachi Valley' Froglets 8 and counting.
Barometer , Humidity, Temperatures - all have effect on frog behaviour, yes, certainly.

Bobbing - Hard to say .Can mean several things...not sure

Sounds we can't hear - Yes..I believe they can and do.

all good questions !
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Totally corellational, but spring storms=many more eggclutch photo posts...coincidence I think not!
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Thanks guys, so much interesting stuff watching these guys.

I think two are female, they are larger and more pear shaped than the 1 confirmed male and another that I'm thinking is male. Number 5 is hiding most of the day, so no guesses on that one yet. Have to check in the am as it is out each morning for a bit.
Lisa
In central NY

R. Imitator 'Cainarachi Valley' 2.3.0
R. Imitator 'Cainarachi Valley' Froglets 8 and counting.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020