Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny Dart Behavior
hey everyone,

i have made a really amusing observation about my darts and i was wondering if anyone else has noticed it with their darts or knows anything about it. when my darts are hunting their middle toes on thier hind legs wiggle or vibrate. like they are just too excited about the abundant crickets or something.
i have only noticed this when they are hunting. i always thought it was funny and recently i fed my darts when company was watching and they saw the same thing and thought it was hilarious. so has anyone else seen this? (and yes, i know i watch my darts all the time and waaaaay too much) ~Lauren
1.1.1 Hawaiian Auratus (reticulated), 1.2.2 Leucomelas, 3.2.1 Cobalt Tincs, 1.0.0 Kauluha & Creme / Camo Auratus, 2.0.1 Yelloback Tincs, 0.0.4 Azureus, 1.1.0 Spotted Auratus
It is very funny to watch. All my frogs do it.
I believe it is a feeding responce to help get small bugs to move,so they can see them, but this is a guess.
Yea mine do the same thing, almost as if they are in deep concentration looking for food.
i was also thinking it might be a pulse or something too, it's so funny!
All my Darts wiggle their toes like that when they are hunting, they do it quite often, with mine if you look close enough, the longest toe on their hind legs is always twitching like that. I found it amusing also, just another little perk of keeping Darts Smile
i think my leucomelas has taken this a little too far now. it actually struck at its own toes last night while they were wiggling. i think the frog may be a little confused. :lol: ~Lauren
1.1.1 Hawaiian Auratus (reticulated), 1.2.2 Leucomelas, 3.2.1 Cobalt Tincs, 1.0.0 Kauluha & Creme / Camo Auratus, 2.0.1 Yelloback Tincs, 0.0.4 Azureus, 1.1.0 Spotted Auratus
LOL. No one ever said they were the smartest creatures on earth! :lol:

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020