Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

HUGE amounts of Great Stuff needed - Uber viv
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUGE amounts of Great Stuff needed - Uber viv
You can see through it, but not super well. I will take pics inside and out through the job. I should have it up and running within ten days. It is easier just to post pics when it is done, kind of hard to explain everything.
One cool feature I am making for it. The water will flow out of the viv through multi-stage filters, into an acrylic tank ( an extra) where my mister pump, water feature pump, and heater will be kept, along with a canister filter constantly filtering the viv water.

EDIT: Upon further evaluation, you can't see into it for crap.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Like a sump...great idea.
Five hours total work time, including the GH kit.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
and

and, and

and, and, and.

looks like you've embarked on quite the project. It is going to be awesome. Good luck with the darklands, that is my all time favorite frog. If you get any nice pics of them, put them up for us (or me Smile ) Take care rich,

Ed Parker
After a few Margaritas, this is going to have to do....

NOT final placement, only here now for effect.
Peat brick and peat moss in placeish.....not really.

Attached Files

.jpg   oye.JPG (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 3,314)

Rich what are you planning on putting in the new viv?

Mike
Its all said in the thread. Darklands.
Some plants added.

Also.

WOW!!

That looks great. I love seeing full-size broms and true leaf litter inside the viv. Your frogs will be so happy!!
Rob

E. anthonyi, D. imitator, C. azureiventris, D. amazonicus, D. lamasi (pan & pan gl), P. aurotaenia, D. variabilis, D. quinquevittatus, D. reticulatus, D. matecho, D. pumilio cauchero & escudos
It is coming along nicely Rich, it is hard to imagine the scale, I would have a hard time grasping it if I didn't send some of the broms. There is a group of 3 bromeliads in the top center, each one of thoose is as tall as a large mans hand. That is huge.
Hey Jacob,
Yeh, the two large looking broms by the whiteish alocacia are about 27" across. I am trying to think of the best way to take a good "wide angle" shot. Maybe a WA lens? Any photographers with any ideas ? Since it is over six feet long and only about 2.5 -2.75 ft deep it is hard to get a full shot. I have to plumb the mister and find some more plants. It needs more ground cover-type stuff and vines. All in good time. Thanks for the nice broms. It should look good when it is fully planted and stuff has filled in. I have a Powder Blue hopping around as a test run.

Rich

I hope the pumilio use those monster broms Rob. I have not used that type yet. If they do I may not need any more broms for awhile. Smile

Rich

The misting system has been installed.

more.

and.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020