Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hosting a Chicago Area/Midwest/whatever Meeting/Show
I know there are a lot of us in the Midwest/Chicago area that could not attend MWFF this year due to holiday scheduling and may not be able to attend Frogday either. I more than willing to host a meeting when my motorcycle injuries have healed and there is a good possibility I can get access to a nice hall for a future show if there was that much interest. So, I guess I am gaging interest in meetings first , then a Chicago show. I know there are quite a few Midwest froggers out there and Chicago seems as good a city as any to host. I know Drew has been organizing the MI Frog meetings so I will need to coordinate with those meeting for optimum convenience for everyone.
Input?
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
When you get a date mate I'll look at flights and see if I can come for that visit :wink:
Sounds good Paul. No sooner than 5-7 weeks though. At least that's what the Dr. says....
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
I'm game!

Are you on the MDG mailing list?
In the past couple years, Kevin Hoff was doing most of the arranging of meetings in the area, but has been too busy to do much with it, you may want to contact him and see if he can get you on, or access to the mailing list.
Brian T. Sexton
Not on that list Brian. I don't have Kevin's contact either. I haven't seen a MDG meeting advertised in AGES!

Yeah, it's been like a year and a half...

There is a bunch of conversation on the topic in the other room, I'm going to try and direct a bunch of that this way...since you are sort of offering to host...I think that was part of the reason the meetings sort of dwindled down...I'd offer to host one as well, but I live a long way from most froggers, outside of the few in the twin cities, and a 1 br apartment hardly lends itself well to parties...
I'm fearing seeing you're pumilio will be hazordous to my checkbook!
Brian T. Sexton
Myself (as well as several other Michiganders, Im sure) would be very interested in attending a meeting if you hosted, Rich.
Right now I am definitely planning on hosting and need to coordinate with Drew and the MIers to make sure timing works out for everyone involved.
I also want to say a MI meeting at MSU would work great for me . I need to drop off some frogs there and between my parents, brother, MI meetings, ect. it's a lot of driving.
Probably more important, there is a very good chance I can get a VFW type hall for next to nothing for a show ( or shows) that would hold more froggers than I have ever seen at any show/show pics. The hall is just outside of Chicago , close to O'Hare and very easy to get to. Food facilities and drink ( :wink: :wink: ). I am very open to a poll or whatever to see what dates would work out so everybody involved. I know for a fact that there were plenty of froggers around the Midwest that were unable to attend this years MWFF and this would be a nice opportunity to get a new show off the ground with input from as many people who wish to offer it. I'm also sure we could all vote on a worthy Dart charity or such to have donations and auctions toward.
Suggestions?

I am pretty much open to any date, so long as there is at least 3 weeks notice, and no holidays or holiday weekends...
Brian T. Sexton
Just let me know the date and I can send it out on the MI mailing list.
I am thinking I could host almost any time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Any suggestions on how to run a poll between the two Boards?

Rich

I can throw up a poll if you'd like...

What do you think:

12/1
12/08
12/15
All saturdays...and are not weekends that would be attatched to holidays.

If you or anyone else has something in mind, let me know, and I can add it in.
Brian T. Sexton

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020