Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

I am not a baby sitter - I only moderate the junk.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am not a baby sitter - I only moderate the junk.
Thank you everyone for getting the board more active. But there are a few points that I would like to point out.

1) I get NO money to run this thing. You reading this, yes you -- you give me no money. So, you get what you pay for.

2) I am not a baby sitter, I am not a supervisor, and I am not the guy to bitch to when your undergarments are in a knot!

3) Last but not least, I really don't care about the name calling behind the scenes, or the harassment one gets. Life is cruel, and hopefully it's mostly adults on this board so you should know how it goes. If you are getting threats, please CALL THE POLICE, or at least someone that cares. But PLEASE leave me out of it, I will only send you a link to this!

People are coming here because they don't like the moderation of other places. Fantastic, but freedom has it's price. I hope everyone understands my point here. I hope everyone has some consideration for my happy place. I hope everyone understands this is a freebie I give the community, not another monkey on my back. --Corey
I, for one, would like to thank you for this board and allowing the freedom of expressing our experiences and concerns regarding vendors in this hobby in public instead of hiding the crooks and vendors who misrepresent themselves through PM's.

Candy
I only visit this site because of my disdain for "bacne" (never knew there was a name for back zits before I gleaned the info from Dendro. Thanks for that information D.) commercials and dating services I wade through on another site. I'm sure they help the hobby in some way though...$$$.

Well, I guess the hiding/protecting of felons and their dirty deeds also rates up there with a reason to not be thrilled with one other site...
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Rich,

Hiding and protecting? Wow....those are strong words and indicate criminal culpability.

I will give you:

Refusing to "get involved"

"Being a little afraid"

"scared of potential litigation"

Big difference.....and if you have read my posts, and I'm sure you have, you know I want to see this guy prosecuted.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:Rich,

Hiding and protecting? Wow....those are strong words and indicate criminal culpability.

I will give you:

Refusing to "get involved"

"Being a little afraid"

"scared of potential litigation"

Big difference.....and if you have read my posts, and I'm sure you have, you know I want to see this guy prosecuted.

I don't think I need to get into details , but once it is known ( and in Paul Batchelors case it IS KNOWN) that felonious acts are perpetrated, not making it known to the public so that others do not fall victim is hiding and protecting.
Refusal to get involved is simply cowardice.
Same for being afraid, obviously.
And scared of litigation is unfounded cowardice. You will not get sued from a guy who has stolen over $25,000 from a bunch of froggers. Won't happen. Period.

I also stand by my bacne statement... :wink:
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Maybe people have noticed some new censored words. Not my battle, not willing to fight the battle. I was formally asked to remove certain statements about certain people and certain forums. The best I can do Kyle. --Corey
Here's an applicable thread to dust off. When Corey and I spoke, he was actually quite proud of this thread. I am too. It sums up some things over three years ago, that still hold true.

Ask yourself...what have YOU done for the hobby ?

Have you started/bought/run/moderated/administered a forum ?

Have you bred and established long term dart frog projects ?

Are you nice and helpful to people - older and newer alike ?

Did you ever help another person out with their collection ? Frog-sit ? Take possession of someone's frogs that was down-and-out in real life ? Divorce ect ?

Ever offer to share table space with someone at a show ? Carpool ? Pick them up? Help them out ?

Ever give (gratis / Free) frogs, supplies, feeders to someone ?

Ever offer to drive feeders an hour or more to help someone out ? Give them advice and help with a sick frog ?

Write a book, paper, article, photo journal about Dart Frogs ?

Quickly and routinely answer post after post on 'substrate' , 'cleaning glass' , 'sick frogs' , 'how many can safely fit in a ..." ect ect ?

OR

Do you just post when you 'feel like it"....snipe at other peoples posts.

Think about it.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:Here's an applicable thread to dust off. When Corey and I spoke, he was actually quite proud of this thread. I am too. It sums up some things over three years ago, that still hold true.

Ask yourself...what have YOU done for the hobby ?

Have you started/bought/run/moderated/administered a forum ?

Have you bred and established long term dart frog projects ?

Are you nice and helpful to people - older and newer alike ?

Did you ever help another person out with their collection ? Frog-sit ? Take possession of someone's frogs that was down-and-out in real life ? Divorce ect ?

Ever offer to share table space with someone at a show ? Carpool ? Pick them up? Help them out ?

Ever give (gratis / Free) frogs, supplies, feeders to someone ?

Ever offer to drive feeders an hour or more to help someone out ? Give them advice and help with a sick frog ?

Write a book, paper, article, photo journal about Dart Frogs ?

Quickly and routinely answer post after post on 'substrate' , 'cleaning glass' , 'sick frogs' , 'how many can safely fit in a ..." ect ect ?

OR

Do you just post when you 'feel like it"....snipe at other peoples posts.

Think about it.

Karma points system?
Phil ,I normally type thankyou,but the chance to give you your the 900th felt like winning the lottery again(last time i won £2,so the dream of buying an island in Bocas is on hold for now :roll: )

Thanks for keeping this place going mate,can't be an easy job ,but tis appreciated !!

Goodonya mate

Stu

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020