Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Gravel ok to use ?
Anything bad about using Gravel, besides weight ?
imho leca is better because the size drains very well, the surface area is great for nitrifying bacteria, and it's lightweight. if you use gravel just make sure it's aquarium grade and not something which can leech things into the water.
Well I have pea gravel from a quarry what i can boil off anything on it...
saves money...would that work?
what kind of stone is it? you just want to check that it does not react with water to add hardness or raise the ph. many vivarium plants will not like hard water.
Im just using pea gravel for like ponds and paths etc.

I plan to distill all my water before misting and etc....so all the water will be cholrine free
Pea gravel will work... Just make sure its clean.
mack Wrote:imho leca is better because the size drains very well, the surface area is great for nitrifying bacteria, and it's lightweight. if you use gravel just make sure it's aquarium grade and not something which can leech things into the water.

Can someone explain what "leca" is.

Also the beneifits and such would be awesome as well:p

Sry I am researching, and probably will for at least another year before starting, but I already love the hobby of keeping frogs.

I also love to pull threads from the dead.

THanks in advance guys.
What I call Leca is hollow clay balls. I prefer them because they are not heavy at all. They will float so if you want a pond or something like that, you will need gravel for the pond area.
Candy

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020