Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Is this really a "Citronella" tinctorious ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this really a "Citronella" tinctorious ?
Hey all, I was given a dart as a present recently and was told it was a Citronella. I am not sure what source this dart came from nor if it was correctly identified. Any response / recomendations would be helpful!

So, Guess that dart :oops:
Citronella ?

[Image: th_MyDart.jpg]
My guess: Female Citronella...
[Image: Frank4.jpg] [Image: frank1.jpg]
I don't think it is a cit. I have never seen a cit with spotted legs like that one does, cobalts usually have legs like that. I'm not prepared though to call it a cobalt.
Could you post a belly shot as well as a pic zoomed out a little?
ill try to get a belly shot, im not too keen on how to get good pictures of these quick little guys.
Its either a hybrid or a oddly patterned Cobalt. Looks a bit like a hybrid, or morph crossing.
Frogtofall Wrote:Its either a hybrid or a oddly patterned Cobalt. Looks a bit like a hybrid, or morph crossing.

My thoughts too
Belly shots would help considrably as well a shot from a bit of a distance, this being said I will jump on the hybrid boat and say it's a morph crossing of some sort. Were did you get it?
sorry for the slow response, i am really not that good at taking dart pics. i took nice pictures on vacation in Japan, but cant snap a good one of a little frog! here are the best ones i could get. The belly is dark but spotted.

once i get another tank going i will get some more darts, but i guess i cant let this one breed bc its a hybrid, right?
Thanks for all the help!

[Image: th_MyDart2.jpg]
[Image: th_Citronella-3.jpg]
it looks like a cobalt to me
Might want to check out color morph number 25.
http://www.tropical-experience.nl/tinct ... &submenu=0
thanks for all the input!

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020