Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leucomelas 1st clutch
There have been four frogs housed in a 72 gallon bowfront for 13 months. They were probably 6 months old when I got them. I just found the first clutch today. I hope they make it. I think the leucomelas froglets look so cool. This would also be successful group #3 for me. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. There was 7 eggs to this clutch. How many eggs have you found from 1 female? [ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Josh
They can pop out some big numbers, especially when just starting sexual maturity. I have had over ten a few times.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Congrats, Josh!
It's especially exciting when you get a different group to produce eggs, isn't it?
P. Terribilis orange, R. Imitator Cainarachi Valley, D. Leucomelas, D. Auratus, D. Azureus, P. vittatus, D. cobalts, D.Oyapok, Bombina Orientalis
DianeCarter Wrote:Congrats, Josh!
It's especially exciting when you get a different group to produce eggs, isn't it?
Yeah it is! I have 4 tads in the water now and they laid a 2nd clutch but it isn't looking like it will be good. They will figure it out over time. I found a tiny and unexpected terrib froglet in another viv and got a visual on 2 more tadpoles in a brom as well. Its a fun surprise to find the little guys for the first time in a viv as well. The imitators are so tiny when they morph out! It makes me want to get some small Oophaga someday but im maxed out for space in the house at least until next summer so I dont see that happening soon. Here's a couple week oow imitator. [Image: 0e2007c918ee5e1376e58936ccda0556.jpg]
Josh

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020