Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Mini 12 w LED Units *Bright* Day White
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini 12 w LED Units *Bright* Day White
New from LightYourReptiles.com this week:
Day White LED Unit paired up with a special Side Mount Socket Fixture.
The result is this affordable complete "Plug and Play" LED light Unit.
Looks as bright as a 27 Watt CFL, but uses less than HALF of the electricity as a CFL.
Gives off much less heat. Makes it easier to control your vivs temperatures, especially this time of year.

This gives off as much light as other 11 - 13 watt LED units going for around 4 times as much.

Please Note: Only the most suitable LED pure medium white diodes were used in the construction to create a crisp white 6.5K +/- day white light.
Out all the ones tested, this configuration was chosen because it produced the nicest day white light. Neither too yellow-y or too sterile icy blue.
See for yourself and if you are not totally satisfied, return for full refund.
That is the LightYourReptiles.com guarantee!

Plus, it's a Do-it-Yourselfer's dream come true!
The small size fits in even the most cramped quarters. Great to use in custom tops, under shelf applications and even with bakers rack shelving. Can be mounted with screws to the underside of shelving or in custom vivarium tops. Can be mounted to bakers rack steel shelving with zip-ties. (Included) It has a 10 food cord and steel body construction. Not cheap plastic. Socket has convenient "on" and "off" switch. Or just use on a timer. This LED Unit is compatible with both digital and mechanical timers.

As always, thank you for checking it out.
I appreciate your business.
Todd
lightyourreptiles.com

For more information, and to place an order,
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/12waledmimou.html
For Screw in bright, Day White LEDs to fit Zoo Med and Exo Terra Hoods, visit: http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/12wadaywhled.html
It would probably help if I put the price... :lol:

The Combo Unit Shown w/ LED and side mount Socket is 39.99 + Shipping.
3 for only 99.99 + shipping.

Just the Screw Units with the Special 6.5 Day White LEDs are 29.99 + shipping.
Get 4 for 99.99 + shipping.

They will pay for themselves in saved electricity and cooling costs.

As always, feel free to e-mail me with any questions.
LightYourReptiles@yahoo.com
Thank you.
Todd
Todd, do you ship to Europe, specifically Hungary as well? What's the shipping price for that?
Convertible Wrote:Todd, do you ship to Europe, specifically Hungary as well? What's the shipping price for that?

I have sent to Europe, but just UK and Germany so far...
Let me research that and I will get back to you tomorrow.
Thank you for your interest.
Todd

PS. Are you on 110 or 220v?
Thanks for your reply! It's 220v here. Smile
Convertible Wrote:Thanks for your reply! It's 220v here. Smile

The LED input is rated 85 to 220v
No converter needed for just bulb /unit...
but would you (could you?) modify the lamp holder / plug so it would work in 220?

Or would you just use a step down converter and use "as is"?

Just checking because I would want to make sure its works for you and you would be happy. :wink:

Thank you.
Todd
I'm not sure to be honest. I guess there should be a converter for such things.

I'm interested in getting one of those lamps, but of course if the shipment is more then the lamp itself, then I'll have to think twice about it. Sad
Convertible Wrote:I'm not sure to be honest. I guess there should be a converter for such things.

I'm interested in getting one of those lamps, but of course if the shipment is more then the lamp itself, then I'll have to think twice about it. Sad
I understand.
Let me check into it tomorrow and get back to ya.
We will see.
Todd
Convertible Wrote:I'm not sure to be honest. I guess there should be a converter for such things.

Hi Convertable,
Well, I have done some homework. But I need to do some more.
Shipping could be anywhere from 16.00 US to 39.00 US, as calculated online.... part of it it seems to depend on how small a box I can get it in.

Postal service was the best... Fed Ex was very expensive.

If I can get it into a standard size video casset size box, we might be doing good as far as shipping cost goes.

I have to ship items tomorrow anyway... so I am going to "test package" up a unit and take it in with me to the post office.
Will get it measured and weighed out and get an exact cost to ship, and then e-mail / post back to you.

Now, as far as a converter / transformer goes... they are not that expensive. Like 15.00 US.
I will look into that some more as well.

Talk to you soon.
Thank you for your interest.
Todd
Todd, not sure if it's worth the trouble, but if you don't mind, I would appreciate your feedback on this as information. But thinking about getting those LED units, plus shipping, plus the converter (to be honest I didn't think about that the first time I asked... totally forgot you have other standards plugs then us here in the EU :$) makes it quite expensive for me.
Convertible Wrote:Todd, not sure if it's worth the trouble, but if you don't mind, I would appreciate your feedback on this as information. But thinking about getting those LED units, plus shipping, plus the converter (to be honest I didn't think about that the first time I asked... totally forgot you have other standards plugs then us here in the EU :$) makes it quite expensive for me.

Thats perfectly ok, I understand if it is not feasable money-wise for you at this time.
I agree, it would make it kind of expensive.
But I am still up for finding out, so we (and anybody reading this post.) will know for reference.
Its no trouble & I am sure you will not be the only person in central Europe to ask. :wink:
Hi Convertible. Just to say we checked it out...
For anyone in Europe interested.
Shipping to Hungary for one unit is 15.00 USD. 3 units would be 32.00.
A travel converter, 220 to 110v are easy to get, one rated at 50 to 100 watts would work.
I can get one from an electrical supply place for like 15.00, but someone could find one for maybe even less on eBay.
A 100 watt converter could run up to 4 LED units. (For continuous duty , multiply rated wattage by 2.)
Thanks,
Todd
More on the way!!!!!!!!
Don't worry.
***Please... if you think you will want one (or a few)... feel free to e-mail me and I will set one/some aside and e-mail you a soon as they come in. They go fast.
Expected approx. July 26th***

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Sincerely, Todd
lightyourreptiles@yahoo.com

PS. Thank you to all who have purchased, I appreciate your business.
Thanks for clarifying this Todd. Think I've found an alternative, easier to obtain, and I won't need a converter for it. Sorry about the inconvenience. Smile

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020