Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

My 'Koi' Yellow Terribilis, and a few other Frog pics
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 'Koi' Yellow Terribilis, and a few other Frog pics
An interesting color/pattern on a male yellow terribilis. Followed by a female robalo O.pumilio, male and female blue jean pumilio, and a male O. granulifera.

[Image: y1.jpg]

[Image: y2.jpg]

[Image: y3.jpg]

[Image: y5.jpg]

[Image: y5-1.jpg]

[Image: y6.jpg]

[Image: r1.jpg]

[Image: r2.jpg]

[Image: r3.jpg]

[Image: r4.jpg]

[Image: b5.jpg]

[Image: b2.jpg]

[Image: b1.jpg]

[Image: b3.jpg]

[Image: b4.jpg]

[Image: gr1.jpg]

[Image: gr2.jpg]

[Image: gr3.jpg]

[Image: gr4.jpg]
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Crazy pattern on that terribilis - trying to taunt me again with that Robalo eh?
Damn..i have missed seeing your pics
Brian
ChrisK Wrote:Crazy pattern on that terribilis - trying to taunt me again with that Robalo eh?

Yeh, not seen one like it before. I like it.
That robalo is an f1 female I produced and held back. Laying now.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
brianferriera Wrote:Damn..i have missed seeing your pics
Brian
Thanks, these are some I took while working on volume two of the book series. They won't be going in the book though.

Even though we are enemies Rich, I must say that Terribilis is really neat looking, It almost looks like it has a "mint" first coat, and Yellow over top... Anyways very cool.
Thanks Troy.
But I must say...enemies???... as in super hero versus super-villain? As in old school USSR versus the good old U. S. of A.? Like PETA versus absolutely anybody who keeps any animals at all?
Nah, I'm not your enemy Troy. You'd know it if I were.
Thanks again,
Rich

RichFrye Wrote:That robalo is an f1 female I produced and held back. Laying now.

That F1 female is laying? And if so is it paired with another F1?
Yes, the F1 is laying and it is paired with a second male WC.

Yeah Rich, I could also get a "koi" terrib if I crossed a mint and a yellow like you did.

J/K, that is a crazy pattern on that one. Have your breeders produced any like this one before? Also, that grannie is Awesome. Are you having any luck with them?
Take care,
Scott
Scott Bryant
boombotty Wrote:Yeah Rich, I could also get a "koi" terrib if I crossed a mint and a yellow like you did.
Hey now!...

boombotty Wrote:J/K, that is a crazy pattern on that one. Have your breeders produced any like this one before? Also, that grannie is Awesome. Are you having any luck with them?
Take care,
Scott

That is the only one I know of so far. But it just started looking that way in the last year or so. It is about four years old. So others I have produced could be like that. Just not heard of any others though.
The grannies are doing great. I'm listening to a male call his head off right now.

Very nice collection of shots as always. I too have missed seeing shots from your collection.

You mentioned the frog recently took on the "koi" pattern. Had it completely yellowed-up (i must be making this word up) prior or was it holding more long term juvie coloration?
Thanks
MattySF Wrote:Very nice collection of shots as always. I too have missed seeing shots from your collection.

You mentioned the frog recently took on the "koi" pattern. Had it completely yellowed-up (i must be making this word up) prior or was it holding more long term juvie coloration?
Thanks

Thanks Matt,
The 'koi' had fully turned yellow and then started taking on the black afterwards. Strange. And cool at the same time.

That's crazy that it changed like that after a few years. Is it one of your breeders or a holdback?

ps-I was just messing with you about crossing, hopefully you took it as a joke.

Scott
Scott Bryant
boombotty Wrote:That's crazy that it changed like that after a few years. Is it one of your breeders or a holdback?

ps-I was just messing with you about crossing, hopefully you took it as a joke.

Scott

It is in with my breeding group. But I don't think it is an/the alpha/dominant male. The male I always see in huts with the female is 100% yellow.
Not sure why it turned years later. Maybe it takes that long for the trait to show...

I knew you were joking. The 'JK' gave it away :wink: .

Rich, those are some kick ass frogs and some incredible pics!
Thanks Lisa.

those are all awesome looking! how many WC robalo did you start with rich?

good thing you are responsible! cause i could totally see someone trait breeding that terriblis and calling it a new bloodline that should be seperate.
thedude Wrote:those are all awesome looking! how many WC robalo did you start with rich?

good thing you are responsible! cause i could totally see someone trait breeding that terriblis and calling it a new bloodline that should be seperate.

Thanks,
I started with a 2:1 trio.
I think it may be in some crazy way environmentally triggered...

Several people are asking me where the very first POTM (Feb) Frog is from....here it is....here's the thead.

More great Photos that you've come to expect from Rich Frye.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020