Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new Tank - Suggestions please...
[Image: 0203090158.jpg]
[Image: 0203090158a.jpg]
WHAT KIND OF SOIL SHOULD I USE ???? I ASKED THE PPLE AT HD AND THEY TOLD ME POTTING SOIL BUT I DONT THINK I SHOULD USE THAT :?:
-RICHARD
You can use the orchid bark mix theat HD has. It doesn't have any fetilizer in it. They also have some organic soil that is ok to use.
THANKS... .. . . .. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS
You can also go to a pet store and get a block of terrarium "soil". It doesn't look like much, as it is only the size of a brick, but it expands a lot in water. You can also mix some peat moss in with it if you like. Fran
this is what i did yesterday and ive been checking the temp and the max has been therm 74.3*f and hydro 92% the min is 74 and 71%

[Image: 0204091146.jpg]
Looks good!
I can't tell, are the plants all live?
Yes they are all real. Welcome to the forum..............scotty
I am cleaning a 55 gallon tank that I had salt water fish in. Your set up is awsome. Being a beginer how much did it all this cost you? Im curious, Im starting to prepare my shopping list for my tank. How long did it take you to set it up? Thanks for the pics
the irish and scotch "moss" aernt really moss and will quickly liquefy in there, I would recccomend taking it out now while you can and getting some real moss
think, it aint illegal yet

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020