Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My relationship with my Costa Rican blue jeans
These are by far my most elusive frogs if they feel any vibration in the floor they go hiding if they see any shadows move outside the tank they shoot for a leaf.  Every morning I hear one call, And the other usually comes out to check it out so I'm hoping I have a pair.  

Strawberry blue jeans dart frog calling
so much condensation?

My Blue jeans are cryptic as well. My other pumilio are hit or miss - some are much more bold then others. I don't think it is 'morph specific' but just another example of the individuality of these animals.

You can disregard any cocohuts for pumilio- they probably won't use them. I like to have 2 medium to large broms for each pumilio - usually 4-5 for any breeder tank of mine. Film cans are more useful than cocohuts.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
(04-26-2020, 11:32 AM)Philsuma Wrote: so much condensation?

My Blue jeans are cryptic as well. My other pumilio are hit or miss - some are much more bold then others. I don't think it is 'morph specific' but just another example of the individuality of these animals.

You can disregard any cocohuts for pumilio- they probably won't use them. I like to have 2 medium to large broms for each pumilio - usually 4-5 for any breeder tank of mine. Film cans are more useful than cocohuts.
all my tanks seem to be like that and the back seems to be pretty dry especially at the top I don't know if I should move my misting nozzles I have everything drilled and glass so that would be kind of a pain unless I put some screen and allowed some ventilation in front on the old holes.
(04-26-2020, 11:32 AM)Philsuma Wrote: so much condensation?

also my misters are probably maxed out I have the ultimate missed king with 23 nozzles and I've noticed larger droplets.  I think for now I'm going to pull some of my nozzles in the larger tanks and run the cycle for a little bit longer.
I am a big proponent of active ventilation balanced with higher frequency misting. I’ll post some (red) shots of my setup to see if it gives you any ideas. I have strip vents below and above the front doors and I pull air through the viv with a blowhole & computer fan in a weather strip sealed hood.
Jim from Austin | https://www.oneillscrossing.com/dart-frogs/
fantastica nominant | summersi | reticulata | A barbotini

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020