Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 20 gallon high w/pics
I'm like many others here. I'm NEW!
I just started a 20 gallon high and have some questions.

...for now here's some pics of my tank as I started my backgrouund.
[Image: DSCN0747.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0752.jpg]

I've added coco fiber and will post some pics along with a couple questions.
Looks good so far.
Do you have an idea what frog this will be home to?
[Image: DSCN0757.jpg]
Sorry bout the bad pic. Just wanted to post an updated one quick. I have some things to repair ( there was a little shrinkage) and a lot to clean up, but overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome so far.

I plan on getting a 24" T-5 @ 28 watts for this tank.
...any comments suggestions?

I also would like some suggestions as to what frogs would be good here.

The part that worries me the most is the plant selection and planting. I'm definitely entering new territory there.
It looks like you are off to a great start! Josh's Frogs is a great place to get plants. I recently planted a 20g long and the plants that I got from them were: lemon button fern (I got the full-size one and it is beautiful, but small enough for the tank.), syngonium pixie, pothos, gold-tip spikemoss and a neoregelia hot pink. I also got the wandering jew cuttings, but then I didn't have room for them. Another great plant that I bought was the oak leaf creeping fig. It looks great in the corner and will climb up the sides. I got it, along with tropical moss and java moss from Black Jungle. You might also want to get some springtails to put in the soil. They live in the tank and eat mold and decaying plants, as well as provide a snack for the frogs. There are a lot of different frogs that you could put in that tank. You want to research and see what appeals to you. If you do a search of "beginner frogs" you should get ideas. I had a hard time deciding, but I'm going with the azureus (a pair) because I love the way they look.
Frances
Here's a better pic with the new light.
[Image: DSCN0767.jpg]
I'm putting in the substrate and setting up the waterfall. I'll try to post new pics tom.
[Image: DSCN0769.jpg]
Keep the updates coming Big Grin

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020