Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina Froggers
Hi.

I wanted to started this thread here, as we (and i say we because other froggers in the area) have been talking about getting a meeting started further information will be posted with dates to come and a place.

I know it will be probably the same weekend as Repticon here in Charlotte.

We will be discussing about setting a Club in the Carolinas so we can have meetings more often, share frogs and cultures and know/ask help from froggers local to us.

like i said further info will be posted later.

Juan Damelines
0.0.2 ‘Turquoise and Bronze’ D. Auratus (Michael Shrom line)
Juand15 Wrote:Hi.

I wanted to started this thread here, as we (and i say we because other froggers in the area) have been talking about getting a meeting started further information will be posted with dates to come and a place.

We will be discussing about setting a Club in the Carolinas so we can have meetings more often, share frogs and cultures and know/ask help from froggers local to us.

Juan Damelines

Im not to sure who else is still in NC but contact Frogface as I know she is still in NC. Also on another forum I created a group for the Carolinas. Hope this might help. I also believe Robb M. is in Charlotte too.
rcteem Wrote:
Juand15 Wrote:Hi.

Juan Damelines

Im not to sure who else is still in NC but contact Frogface as I know she is still in NC. Also on another forum I created a group for the Carolinas. Hope this might help. I also believe Robb M. is in Charlotte too.

Thank you Chris. yes Frogface knows already, not sure about Robb M i need to locate him to shoot a pm his way!

Juan
NC is kinda sparse for Froggers Juan. SC too. You guys are in the 'in-between" geographic location. South of the Mid Atlantic peeps and north of the Georgia and Florida folks.

Not saying you shouldn't try to have a meet down there...just be aware that attendance may be slim.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:NC is kinda sparse for Froggers Juan. SC too. You guys are in the 'in-between" geographic location. South of the Mid Atlantic peeps and north of the Georgia and Florida folks.

Not saying you shouldn't try to have a meet down there...just be aware that attendance may be slim.

The Raleigh area has quite a few. So does Charlotte. I wouldn't say sparse, but VERY spread out. May not be as many in as the PA area but we do have 2 bigger breeders down here Smile
Jon
1.0.6 D. Leucomelas
0.0.2 D. Azureus
fishguyturnedfrog Wrote:
Philsuma Wrote:NC is kinda sparse for Froggers Juan. SC too. You guys are in the 'in-between" geographic location. South of the Mid Atlantic peeps and north of the Georgia and Florida folks.

The Raleigh area has quite a few. So does Charlotte. I wouldn't say sparse, but VERY spread out. May not be as many in as the PA area but we do have 2 bigger breeders down here Smile

I would have to agree. Last frog meet I hosted in Raleigh had about 10-15 froggers that only lived in the Raleigh area. It has grown a lot but nowhere near like FL, Mid Atlantic, or Cali.
I'm more or less alone, when it comes to "hobbyist", where I am but I do have Under the Canopy a little over an hour from my house in case I'm in a crunch for FF or something.

I don't think there are any froggers from Wilmington that I've seen so far and I just lost my buddy that was all interested when he saw mine. About 2 hours ago, he just handed me 2 tanks and 4 leucs for free because he didn't want them anymore.
Jon
1.0.6 D. Leucomelas
0.0.2 D. Azureus
fishguyturnedfrog Wrote:I'm more or less alone, when it comes to "hobbyist", where I am but I do have Under the Canopy a little over an hour from my house in case I'm in a crunch for FF or something.

I don't think there are any froggers from Wilmington that I've seen so far and I just lost my buddy that was all interested when he saw mine. About 2 hours ago, he just handed me 2 tanks and 4 leucs for free because he didn't want them anymore.

Sorry to hear about that.. lucky i have a fish friend that also keeps frogs. Big Grin

it has been stated that the meeting will be August 25-26 weekend further info as to place to meet still to come...

i'm looking forward to this meeting!

Phil yeah i know exactly what you mean, thats how it is in the fish hobby we managed to have a well stablished club in the Charlotte area pulling members from as far as charleston SC to the rocky mountains of NC. being Raleigh out neighbooring club as well as Atlantas follow by the newly formed SC club. I hope we have something good going here. Fingers cross..

Juan
Very nice start Juan. I hope you guys and gals can start something big down there. It looks like Charlotte may be the most accessible place in NC and almost a middle point too. Barbecues and beer works well but if you want a really really big draw, try to have someone host that has a lot of vivs.

Man...if you could get Rob Melacon to host, you'd be set. You should send him a PM.

Philsuma Wrote:Very nice start Juan. I hope you guys and gals can start something big down there. It looks like Charlotte may be the most accessible place in NC and almost a middle point too. Barbecues and beer works well but if you want a really really big draw, try to have someone host that has a lot of vivs.

Man...if you could get Rob Melacon to host, you'd be set. You should send him a PM.

is he Robzilla???

if so, he is aware and is not able to attend the 1st meeting but said he will be glad to be part of a club/meetings to come.

Juan
yeah that's Rob

I'll be there starting to Sept for about 6 months out of the year. More towards Morehead City, though.
Hey I'm a new NC frogger!i'm in the mountains though which is a good drive to central nc... I know of one other person who is a frogger who lives near me but I'm not sure if he is on any forums...
PJ
0.0.4 Azureus
Im in Brevard, only about an hour from where you are.
Will
Well glad to know that there is someone else in the area! Good to meet you Will!
PJ
0.0.4 Azureus
And you as well. Tell us NC froggers a little about you Wink I have a pretty big collection that I dont mind sharing with fellow froggers if you are ever out this way. I have pretty much every bug that we use in the hobby too if you are ever in a bind, or if you just want some starters of stuff you dont have. I like to share the love, which you will find is pretty common in the hobby.
Will
Well I appreciate that a lot! Here is a little bit about me! I am 20 years old living in black mountain, near Asheville. I keep freshwater fish at the moment and just started in the frog hobby... I know already that frogs are going to take over my fish tanks... I just recently acquired four azureus as my first frogs! I knew I was hooked into this hobby when I get home with my frogs and immediately began thinking of what my next viv was going to be! I'm a pretty easy going guy... If you have anymore questions about me or anything fire away! I'd like to know a little bit about you all as well if ya don't mind!
PJ
0.0.4 Azureus
Bchbum16 Wrote:Well I appreciate that a lot! Here is a little bit about me! I am 20 years old living in black mountain, near Asheville. I keep freshwater fish at the moment and just started in the frog hobby... I know already that frogs are going to take over my fish tanks... I just recently acquired four azureus as my first frogs! I knew I was hooked into this hobby when I get home with my frogs and immediately began thinking of what my next viv was going to be! I'm a pretty easy going guy... If you have anymore questions about me or anything fire away! I'd like to know a little bit about you all as well if ya don't mind!

thats the story of my life. i have been breeding cichlids and catfish for about 8 years or so.

just got back from the ACA and it woke me up on the fish side so i'm pretty much set with my species of frogs!! :mrgreen:

Juan
here is an update!

We're meeting on Saturday Aug 25th at Repticon at Cabarrus Events Center. We haven't stated an exact time yet, perhaps 11? Some of us will probably get there a little earlier. We'll hang out at Repticon for a while then head over to Concord Mills area for lunch around 2.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020