Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oophaga pumilio Morphs and Labels
Since more and more of my Pumilio are getting out into the hobby I thought I should strongly suggest that before crossing any of the morphs I am working with with other Pum morphs labeled the same as mine but not confirmed please, please contact me . I would like to give and get as much information as I can before having any of the descendents of site specific pumilio crossed with "best guesses". I have recently been contacted by a number of people working with my Pums and some of the more recent labeled imports and some new information has surfaced.
Thanks,
Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
I'd also like to add that the excuse for labeling a frog "X" because the "reputable" breeder or importer said it was an "X" does not hold water. Period. That is an easy way of justifying mixing unIDed/able Pum morphs with ones that have local data. At the VERY least I would like people to use labels for something that looks like , or was guessed at by the person said frog was acquired from, as such..."cristobal", "aqua", "darkland" , ect. Not San Cristobal Island, Cayo de Aqua, or Darkland.
This may seem like old news or beating a dead horse to some , but I have seen MANY mislabeled Pums being advertised, sold, and showing up in collections only to be crossed with other "best guesses" or what's worse site specific local Pums. We can do better.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020