Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Oophaga pumilio purchase opinions
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oophaga pumilio purchase opinions
Hey all. I am seeking your opinions... I'm looking to buy a pair of pumilios. My options right now are down to either Chiriqui River or Man Creek. What would you guys take if you were presented with the the choice. Just seeking some outside input. Thanks!!
~Donald
asydabass Wrote:Hey all. I am seeking your opinions... I'm looking to buy a pair of pumilios. My options right now are down to either Chiriqui River or Man Creek. What would you guys take if you were presented with the the choice. Just seeking some outside input. Thanks!!
~Donald

Chiriqui most certainly
Some Pics...
[Image: almirantenew.jpg]

[Image: bruno.jpg]
Chrique hands down.
paul and jace (and whomever),

why?

just curious,
mack
because they are stunning Big Grin yeah I know all the amazing colors out there and I choose a green as one of my favourites Big Grin those and Darklands
The chirique are just way nicer looking than the man creek. The man creeks seem to have came in way higher numbers as well. They seem to have a lot more man creeks that look bad, or at least not that nicely patterned. Where as the chirique always seem to look very nicely colored. Maybe its just that i have man creeks so i want chirique, you know the grass is always greener on the other side of the creek.
The Chiriqui are harder to come by at the moment. So if you have a chance to get them you may want to jump on it.
I'm plenty happy with my Man creeks, but I had the option of hand picking them. I'm sure if you were to get them from a decent vendor, you could get pics of the actual frogs before having them shipped.

Dane
If money is no object you might consider some of the less common bastis; white, yellow, etc. or chiriquis and man creek are great too. I personally like my man creeks, but as someone else mentioned the handpicked mancreeks offer some more exotic looks than the typical red with black legs. Cheers!
Right now I currently have 6 chiriqui, 2 man creeks, and 3 bastimentos. The choice rests with that of personal preference. I myself am a fan of the chiriqui just because they are less common than the basti's or man creeks. However, I think it depends more on the individual frog. I have seen both attractive and unattractive pumilio. Like said before, I would definitely want to see any frog before I bought it. Any notable breeder will send you pics of the frogs before you buy them.
I would definitely do some research before you buy anything. Take a look at general pics of the different species before you do more research of the breeder. Some pumilio are bold in color (like bastimentos) and some tend to blend in with the background (like chiriqui). I know Johnny from tieherp.com has some beautiful chiriqui available right now. Good luck and I know you will be happy as long as you take the time to really do some research.
Seth Dawson

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020