Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Phyllobates terribilis "Mint" photographs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phyllobates terribilis "Mint" photographs
I wanted to share some photographs of my mint terribilis. They are currently 5 months old. It has been very cool watching them color up since I got them from Ron (Alphaprobreeders) at the Feb Hamburg show. Until tonight I haven't been able to get many good quality pictures of these guys. Feel free to post your own terribilis pics! They are one of my favorite frogs!

[Image: mint11edit.jpg]
[Image: mint10edit.jpg]
[Image: mint9edit.jpg]
[Image: mint8edit.jpg]
[Image: mint7edit.jpg]
[Image: mint6edit.jpg]
[Image: mint612011edit.jpg]
I agree - watching my mints color up and grow has been really sweet. Your frogs are looking real nice!

Here is a pic of my sub-adult I took a couple nights ago:
[Image: terrib.jpg]
Nice frogs! I still need to take some more recent (and better) shots, but here's a couple of cell phone pics for now.

[Image: 032011_mint2.jpg]
[Image: rikosfrogs-5.jpg]

Wow.. I haven't seen these pictures side by side before... I didn't realize they grew so much in a couple of months!
.Riko
Great pictures guys! Thanks for sharing! It is hard to believe they go from this- 2 months old- to what they look like now!
[Image: BG.jpg]
Here's a few of ours!
Shot with the good ol' Nikon point and shoot. I miss that camera some days.

[Image: 101.jpg]

[Image: 104.jpg]

[Image: 103.jpg]

[Image: 102.jpg]

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
blocker institute Wrote:Here's a few of ours!

Those are the craziest mints I've ever seen.
On a serious note though, either that frog's nose is very recently scarred and in need of some silversulfadiazine (sp?) or has had a rough time of it in the past.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Thanks for sharing again. While some may not be Mints, they are still gorgeous frogs!
Rich, I love the ghostly white of your mints. I'm hopeful that mine will have similar coloration when they are adults.
dreamcatcer98 Wrote:...Rich, I love the ghostly white of your mints. I'm hopeful that mine will have similar coloration when they are adults.

Thanks. Mints do have a look of their own. I'm sure your's will end up looking pretty much the same, as long as they were not a very new import they are all pretty much from the same line.
But this is one of the reasons I always say that you can't ID pums (and other polymorphic darts to some degree) by pics alone. Look at the white balance of the different shots of the same exact animals. The colors look totally different.
Bluer legs can look greyer or greener, red bodies more orange, orange more red, yellow more orange, ect.

Rich

My apologizes. I just got all excited and only read the final line about posting terribils' and thought they were all game. I'll make sure to get a couple better ones of him and post some more.
Man, I love Mints!

Here's another quick cellphone shot:
[Image: 626mints.jpg]
.Riko
Kind of an "aside" I see Sean Stewart is bring some Mint's in from Europe.
Anyone buying some? Curious about the lines etc. Mints were brought in to the USA a long time ago.
-Beth

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020