Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures of you setup?
Here are a few pics, I was hoping maybe others could post pics of their tanks and frogs. I have two of these D. tincs in my 55g. I have been trying to learn how to take better pics of my tank so any advice on that would be helpful. I posted two pics of my frog the top one is a 185kb file and the second is a 16kb file. Just wanted to show that there is not much difference and the 16kb is much easier to download. Its a poor shot of my tank I will try to get a better one.

Look forward to seeing some other pics.

Mike

Attached Files

.jpg   frogtank.jpg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 2,026)
Come on no pics? Here is your chance to show off your tank and give others ideas.
here are a few of mine. Just started with dart frogs

Attached Files

.jpg   full_view.jpg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 2,067)
.jpg   green___black.jpg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 1,964)
.jpg   dart_frog_1.jpg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 1,973)
Tortoisekeeper,

Nice tank, what kind of flower is that in the right lower side of the picture, also what is the purpose of what appears to be a basket handing on the back wall with moss in it?

Mike
The plant in the right hand corner is a Cryptanthus. It makes lots of babies. The wire cages attached to the walls (there are 4) have different types of plants in them with live moss to cover the basket. The one shown in the picture has a type of violet in it that makes bright red flowers. One of the others have spider plants and another has ivy and one has bromlaids. I purchased suet feeder cages and cut them in half, filled with spagmum moss, planted the plants then covered the basket with live moss. I just purchased 3 different pitcher plants and plan to add them also if they are safe. I have a shorter type of moss growing in the bottom of the tank.

Betty
Pretty cool, guys!
Tortoisekeeper

You say the plant makes a lot of babies, do you mean your frogs are laying eggs in it or it itself is growing? How tall is that tank? Cool idea with the basket.

Mike
The plant makes lots of baby plants. I have only had it set up for a little over a month. Have not seen any breeding activity yet. The tank is a 40 gallon tall. The frogs climb the ivy and sit in the diffrent baskets.

Betty
hello,
here is a couple pics of my set ups
rack 1
[Image: normal_HPIM0034.JPG]
rack 2
[Image: normal_HPIM0035.JPG]
rack 3
[Image: normal_HPIM0036.JPG]
semi close up
[Image: normal_HPIM0014.JPG]
you guys have some nice set ups. keep up the good work.
thanks
troy
Troy,

That is really a nice setup, did you make those? How many frogs do you keep in all? Kind of like something I was thinking of doing someday.

Mike
Oh by the way welcome to DartDen Troy. Looks like you have alot of experience to bring to the group.
hi,
thanks for the kind words, and the welcome. i have 15 different frogs, and room for 5 more Smile . yes, i built all my cages myself. they are out of acrilic, and alot of work.
thanks
troy
Troy,

I was wondering what kind of misting system do you have for your setup? Seems like it would be alot to do by hand.

Mike
hi mike,
yes it would be alot work to hand mist. thats why i am soo very thankful i have a misting, and fogging system.
my misting system is once again hand built. i have it plumed into my house. we have a private well so i don't have to worry about any chemicels. i do have a giant filter, and a smaller one at each cage.
i use sprinkler valves, and a spinkler controller. i have it set to go off three times a day for about 4 mins each time.
all the cages have drains that are plumed into my house and it drains out to my septic.
so, i don't have bottles to empty or fill, and i don't have to get into the cages unless to feed and clean. i know i may sound lazy. but, less work means more time to spend enjoying the frogs or talking to friends on dart den or other places. also here is a pic of the inside of one of my pumilio cages
thanks
troy
[Image: normal_HPIM0011.JPG]
only 6 weeks old. 3 auratus inside.

Attached Files

.jpg   IMG_0373.JPG (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 1,996)
Steve,

Nice tank, what kind of auratus?
Steve,

I just saw your frogs on the other thread. Nice looking frogs.'

Mike
thanks allot im new but when i do something i tend to go all out. this forum has taught me more than any pet shop has. its nice to have places like this to go to for info.
Nice tanks guys! All of the tanks look great.
Troy you really went all out. I like the use of the suet feeders TK.
Steve, what is that purple plant? It almost looks fake it's so purple.

Wheres the ladies' vivariums?

Come on women, what's up? 8)

Also, I am not very computer literate, so I 'd love to show you a pic of my viv but I don't know how to poast it. Any help?
I do have a digital camera.
Peace.
E
as far as i know its called purple passion and it grows like a weed but look cool i am constantly trimming it back. the leaves feel like velvet and the frogs seem to love sitting on it.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020