Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regina Emergency
I recently acquired two reginas. The frogs are in the 8-10 month range and originally come from Rich Frye.

I have both frogs separated in their own tanks for the time being due to aggression problems I noticed when I housed both animals together.

One is noticeably larger and much bolder, this one is thriving, is very bold and eating well. However, the other is very shy and I rarely ever see it. I shifted some leaves in its tank today and found the frog and unfortunately it is not doing so well. It has lost weight, barely responds to anything, and stays right in the same spot crouched down without moving. It also appears that the frogs throat is pushed out (almost like it swallowed a small piece of leca). However, as I was examining the animal it jumped on my hand and I was able to feel the throat and it didn't feel like it had anything hard inside.

I have not seen it eat, in fact, although it is skinny, some flies crawled by and the frog took no notice whatsoever. I have seen this behavior several times.

I contacted Dr. Frye and am hoping to get a response soon and order some medicine that would hopefully help the frog.

Any tips or suggestions as to what to do in the meantime. I put a cocohut over the frog as it was sitting out in the open and wouldn't move. I also put paper on the outer walls of the viv so it wouldn't see me/other frogs moving around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hey Raymond,
Hopefully you got ahold of my brother today, he works half day most satudays.
Pm me when you can I am interested in some background on them.
Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020