Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Rich: question about one of your vivs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich: question about one of your vivs
I love the look of the viv you have in your gallery (starting at the 14th picture till i think the 18th) and i have a few questions about it. What size is it? Is the background the blackjungle greatstuff/black silicon combo? And about the pool of water, is it just standing or does it have a pump and flow? Also, how did you pull off the land to water interphase -- how did you keep the land from sliding down into the water? I was thinking of molding a pond out of the greatstuff and silicon but just wanted to know if you used a simpler method. Thanks a lot!

Sarah
Hi,
Thanks.
The viv is a 90gal. 2'x2'x3' .There really is not background. It is driftwood held together with GreatStuff, silicone with coco brick powder, some "dry' moss ect. The land mass will not "slide" because I use peat brick which is somewhat fibrous and does not get 'muddy". There is a circulating pump under the "stump".

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Where do you get the peat bricks from? I've had trouble locating a vendor.

Luke
Hey Luke,
I get them through Vivaria NL, (Netherlands) but order in bulk, it is not cheap. Some higher end pet shops will carry it also.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
www.herpsupplies sells them as well. Ordered 5 bricks from them.
RichFrye Wrote:Hi,
Thanks.
The viv is a 90gal. 2'x2'x3' .There really is not background. It is driftwood held together with GreatStuff, silicone with coco brick powder, some "dry' moss ect. The land mass will not "slide" because I use peat brick which is somewhat fibrous and does not get 'muddy". There is a circulating pump under the "stump".

Rich

Rich, I really like the size and shape of this setup. Who makes/sells this tank or Is a custom ?
Its in dutch but checkout www.palutech.nl . I built a 2x2x3 corner modeled after his design. It was fun satisfying and i have everything exactly how i want it. Probably not the cheapest way but hey. Pictures are in my gallery.
Awesome tanks Rich!

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020