Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silkworms for Terribilis and Tincs
My brother and a friend of mine convinced me to try silkworms out on my terribilis and tincs.
Very good nutritional value. Anyone tried these?
My yellow terribilis jumped all over them. The others are a bit slower, but I figure each one is like downing a garbage bag full of FFs......

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
I was going to feed them to my water dragon. You must be using very small silkworms since they get up to 3 inches. The only bad thing about them is they need mulberry leaves, so unless you have a mulberry tree that has leaves all year, they are expensive to breed/keep for a long time, since you would have to buy allot of that fake food.
I have used them on bicolors and large tincs, and all seem to take very well to them. I had a sheet that had their nutritional break down on it somewhere, I will have to dig it out and send it to you. Glen Novotny sent me home from a show with a cup to try, but I haven't been able to find a reliable supplier for the eggs, as that is the most economical way to buy them. They are an under utilised food, and one I consider to be quite good.
http://www.coastalsilkworms.com/catalog ... p?cPath=21
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
I've been wanting to for some time...
I think I heard they grow even faster than wax-worms, which was kind of the breaker for me, would really like to try them though...
Brian T. Sexton

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020