Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotted a Mix (Vapor)
Stopped by the local vapor store to try some new flavors. Imagine my surprise when I saw this. Yes, of course I sampled.
brad
Ha ha nice!

How was it?
Am I old / out of touch....but...what exactly is a 'vapor store' ? I mean, it sounds really interesting.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:Am I old / out of touch....but...what exactly is a 'vapor store' ? I mean, it sounds really interesting.

Will let Chuck answer that one, his setup is a store in itself..
-Beth
Unfortunately it tasted about as good as a hybrid looks. I stuck with the tried and true Kentucky clone.

Phil - I imagine I have more than a few years on you so, yeah, you aren't up to date on the new wave. Vaping...think E-cigs. Whole new industry has spawned, magazines and all.
brad
My fiance' and I have been giving some serious thought to trying this out, It beats smoking that's for sure.
Jon
Rusty_Shackleford Wrote:My fiance' and I have been giving some serious thought to trying this out, It beats smoking that's for sure.

It's definitely different. I've managed to cut my smoking in half so far. I think this is about the easiest way to go with all of the cig triggers we smokers seem to have.

If you have a store near you that lets you sample, once you find something you like ask if you can try it with the nicotine.
brad
IDPM Wrote:Unfortunately it tasted about as good as a hybrid looks. I stuck with the tried and true Kentucky clone.

Phil - I imagine I have more than a few years on you so, yeah, you aren't up to date on the new wave. Vaping...think E-cigs. Whole new industry has spawned, magazines and all.

ahhh...the blue light electric cig thing?

I was never a smoker. Occasional cigar, but I may have bought 2 packs of cigs my entire life.

They do make them without nicotine.
Every time I visit Chuck he has quite a few to try.
-Beth
Here is a pic of one of Chuck's:
[Image: yqu8e9er.jpg]
-Beth
lol... this is one time when Dallas/Ft. Worth may be a bit ahead of the rest of the country; I think we've got more vape stores per capita than anyplace else at the moment, with southern california a close second...

My story, fwiw -- smoked 2 1/2 packs a day for 40 years; had tried ecigs a couple years ago (those crappy blue light things you're probably thinking of Phil) and they sucked. When we did our get-together a couple months ago, Casper had a nice one and I tried it, and was impressed how far it came. Bought my own a couple of days later, figured I'd just use it inside to keep from smoking up the new house. Four days later I quit smoking entirely, without ever even intending to. I haven't had a cigarette in two months.

Of course, this is at the unfortunate corner of gadget geek and addictive personality, so I've kind of found a new hobby messing with and trading vape gear, but that's still probably a damn site better than smoking.

Brad -- Kentucky Clone? That's a tobacco flavor, I'm assuming? If so, I'll have to let you try one I've been DIYing here lately; still tweaking it, but it's getting better and better...
Thanks Chuck for pointing out the difference between the ecigs and the vape gear we use, and it is a night and day difference. I also happened to take a hit of Casper's banana juice at the get together and was impressed, kind of kept in the back of my mind. I've seen about for or five people at work quit smoking and each one of them vaped, so I finally pulled the trigger. Those ecigs never did anything for me, I tried them off and on over the last 2 years and nada. I'm fairly confident I can quit the cigs altogether at this point - I just need to stop buying them!

Yes I like the tobacco flavors, but have only found one or two so far that can pass for a real cig. I do have some non tobacco flavors, coconut rum and red hot ice. Those are ok once in a while, not so sure I could go a whole day on them. So tweak that recipe Chuck, I'd be glad to sample it.

Our next get together should be interesting... might need a standalone vape meet - Vapril!

Anybody care to guess who came to mind when I saw these at the shop?
brad
Need one of these, just not in pink -

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

(art glass tip by Black Raven; thinking of asking her to do some blue jean tips :mrgreenSmile

Yeah, you'll never get a tobacco flavor to taste like an actual cig, but you can get a fair amount of the flavor elements. I've been playing around with naturally extracted tobacco (NET) flavors...

There's a lot of other stuff good too -- I've been amazed at the flavors I end up liking; often stuff I'd never have guessed. Just got to try a lot of different stuff. I usually have 3-5 flavors going all at the same time, just switch back and forth.
Saw this today, in yesterdays Startle Gram

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/14/...e-the.html
brad
Cool! Times are changing; we'll see how far they get...
Is that Casper in the photo ?

Philsuma Wrote:Is that Casper in the photo ?

Nah... If it'd have been Casper, you'd have been able to tell from the dramatic increase in awesomeness :-)
Since this thread started I decided to do a little reading on the topic. I found this article today and wasn't sure if this was new news or not:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100890887
Just be aware that there's a huge disinformation campaign about this stuff running in the mainstream media these days. Not to go all tinfoil hat, but there are a lot of players (agribusiness (big tobacco), pharma (smoking cessation products), state government (cigarette taxes)) with a lot of money at stake and who are either looking to maintain the status quo through lobbying and media campaigns, or regulate the market in such a manner as to insure they're the only ones who can play. It's tough to say at the moment how it will all shake out.

Where things are today -- it's the wild west; cheap offshore (mostly asian) gear at the low-end, medium and high-end gear being produced in small scale by small businesses and lone craftsmen (us, europe mostly). Juice (e-liquid, etc.) is mostly artisan small batch stuff being mixed up with extracted nicotine sold by the same labs as sell to pharma for patches, etc.

There are no long term safety studies (how could there be at this point?) but it's not like there aren't a lot of long term studies about how dangerous traditional cigarettes are. Vaping provides nicotine without the tar and carbon monoxide, and anecdotal reports suggest people who give up smoking entirely for it go through pretty much all the same physical effects (coughing, followed by improved lung capacity, stamina, etc.) as any other quitters. Interview 100 vapers, and you'll get an astonishingly high number of people who say they quit smoking as a result, and stayed quit -- the percentage seems to be far, far higher than even the most optimistic numbers from classic smoking cessation methods. Regulations prevent it from being marketed as safer than cigarettes or as a smoking cessation method, however.

So, who knows... All I can say for sure is I feel better than I have in years; I quit a very long term smoking habit, and in the two months since the nicotine level I'm vaping is 1/6 of the level I started at (if/when it hits zero, I'm done). If the e-cig world got regulated away tomorrow, I could maintain my existing equipment indefinitely, and continue to mix my own e-liquid for a very long time... :mrgreen:
I've got several friends that went from two and a half packs of cigs a day down to just four or five cigs in a day after they started vaping.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Jon

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020