Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Things your friends do that annoy you.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things your friends do that annoy you.
Everybody I know has pet peeves and has no problem speaking their mind when it comes to other people but what does one do when your friends are guilty of said pet peeve? I for one usually don't differentiate I tell my friends how it is.
So lets hear some examples of peoples pet peeves with their friends and how do you handle it?

I'll get it started, I have this one friend that without fail slams the car door so hard it makes the glass sound like it might shatter. I told him on two separate occasions that it's ridiculous to slam it that hard and not do it again. So the third time I told him to get out and take his own car, to this day he is banned from my car.
I don't really have any friends since getting married. but my wife ...I could go on for hours Wink
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
My friends showing up to grill, drink and hangout watching football and they bring nothing but comfortable clothes and empty hands....

When I get brought into arguments, fights, and whatever else for no other reason that they want me to make it worse....

When they borrow my trucks and fuck them up and say I didnt notice anything when I had it, are you sure you didnt run over something.............

The Wife.................when shes unhappy we all are.
Everyday I meet someone I dislike, are you today's pick? If you dislike me it's because somethings wrong with you!

Don't Be A Hybridiot!
D3monic Wrote:I don't really have any friends since getting married. but my wife ...I could go on for hours Wink

^^ Friends that abandon their buddies after they get married. Lol
I don't blame them...I suck now.
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
I dislike when I call someone, they don't answer, and then text back asking if I called. You see me show up on your list of missed calls right? Well MAYBE I did call! Then again, maybe its just my nature to call back when I see a missed call.

Or scenario B: they call back a few days later. Well, I know who not to call in case I had an emergency.
edwardsatc Wrote:
D3monic Wrote:I don't really have any friends since getting married. but my wife ...I could go on for hours Wink

This one is no joke....lost a "best friend" that way....TWICE (2 marriages). heh
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Alright I got a good frog related one!

I'm gettin some bassleri on the upcoming UE Nov shipment. My friend Mark gets wiff of this and wants to get some Cobalts. Fine. A week before order cut off, he wants me to send the frog list to his friend Tony. Tony is wishy washy. He's new into PDFs. Everything he sees he wants. He nagged me about some Patricias I have. Then he bitched about the price ($50). I told him commit or dont. He said he wanted them. Then he saw a Cobalt at a herp show in town. Tony decides he wants Cobalts now (without telling me he no longer wants the Patricias). I dont talk to Tony so Ive had to harass Mark to get 150% confirmation from Tony that he wants and will buy Cobalts to pool with my and Mark's frogs (shouldve just told Mark no). I told Mark I need his and Tony's money since Elaine is charging the grand total to me. I told Mark Saturday have the money soon as Elaine needs to have it in hand by the end of this month. Something new I found out is I cant use words like 'soon', 'someday,' etc with Mark. Ive already told him since mid Sept that final payment needs to be in hand by the end of Oct. Made it very and abundantly clear. Not to mention the Sat that just passed. I told him today need money soon. 'Soon' to me means next day or at latest two days. He took me saying end of this month as in he will give me the money at the end of this month. At this point I rocketed several layers into the stratosphere. HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THE MONEY NEEDS TO BE IN ELAINE'S HANDS AT THE END OF THE GOD DAMN MONTH??!?!?!!??!?!!?! And then he has the audacity to say Im getting too bitchy about this. Keep in mind Mark is a mellow fellow who can't even scream if he wanted. Me on the other hand, am a hot head. He told me he's been waiting since he figured Id take care of it all. Im like thats got nothing to do with the part where I told you I need to have payment sent in before the end of the month. Not sure why that was so hard for him to understand and the kid is smarter than me.

We're good and he's like my best bro but I told him next time order your own damn frogs yourself. I shouldnt have to keep chasing after you and this whole process has just been a pain in the ass esp once Tony gets thrown into the deal. I guess one thing about me is when I set out to do something and im able to do it, I dont want anyone holding me back if Im ready and I am ready to get this transaction completed on my end. I flat out told Mark I didnt give a shit about his or Tony's order as long as I get mine and Im finding their involvment meddling to say the least. Maybe I am just selfish. Or maybe Im just a horrible friend.

-C
Facebook posts about political views I cant stand...

"oh, lets all go protest blah blah blah, the rich are big meanies, boo hoo....blah blah blah"

Stuff like that.

Second thing is freeloaders... (I guess this kinda goes along with my first)

"hey we are friends so you should fix that for me" or "you should totally hook me up..."

I would be willing to pay you for your time and I expect the same courtesy Smile Friends get deals, discounts or simple fixes for free, because that is what friends do, but I'm not going to design you an elaborate website for free just because we are 'Friends'...
Philsuma Wrote:
edwardsatc Wrote:

This one is no joke....lost a "best friend" that way....TWICE (2 marriages). heh

I've been on both sides of the coin ... Happened to me - said I wouldn't do it - then I got married .... ok i get it

suppose to get worse when you have kids...
Scott - North Dallas

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020