Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why I hate large vivs!!!!!
On the go here as I am in the process of putting the finishing touch on half of this freakn viv! Everyone says "the bigger the better!" Is that really true? Never have I reared a pumilio past 1-3 months in anything slightly larger than a 18-18-24 exo. Once I decided to go 10-15 gal on everything and all was good and grand... No complaints from those inhabitants... Now I am trying to ease back into a few nice pairs of obligates and decided to go big!!!! But here I am...point A...point numero 1 all over again. Placed a $200 plant and brom order and dropped $300 on an exo and stand and another $100 on kitty litter,abg,leaves,moss,greatstuff, silicone, glass and...oh yeah... A 48in double5ThO fixture and mistking. Yet this is all I can come up with!!! Wtf!!!!!? Should I just compress all of this and put it into a 15gal column? Seems like after 1k my viv is only ready to be planted. Yes...ive set up tons of roots,clippings and all that good stuff...but i just dont see this thing..."flourishing."
i think it just needs a few more carpet-like plants and it looks great. don't give up. once the plants take off it will be awesome.
1.0.0 husband
1.1.0 horses
2.3.0 dogs
0.0.2 Gray tree frogs
0.3.0 Azureus

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020