Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USPS problem!!
Damn post office has misplaced a package of frogs I ordered. Were shipped last night and they have no idea where they are. They seem like they don't give a rat's ass either! I'm livid with them. Last known status is that it left the sorting facility last night. I am really hoping they find the package and let the frogs get some air and can get them to me alive. Has anyone else ever have this problem? Damn government workers, or should I say pieces of worthless shit workers?!
Yes, a lot of people have had this problem. That's why FedEx is preferred over USPS. Good luck, don't get to hopeful though, USPS sucks. I don't trust them with regular mail much less live frogs.
People will try and be cheap when it comes to shipping frogs. Don't be cheap, use FedEx.
Jon
I have gotten from them before without a problem, but now this. It's as if they don't care. I don't get how or why people get customer service jobs when they don't possess the abilities to help people out.
They don't care. I'll tell you a story. Christmas last year my girlfriend and I sent out Christmas cards with gift cards to her two kids and my daughter. Only one card out of three ever made It. The other two were stolen by USPS employees. They could give a shit about your frogs, letters, cards, bills, etc etc. Never trust the USPS with anything except fucking things up. I bet it will be Monday before you have a clue about what happened to the frogs. With a lot of luck they'll be ok.
Jon
I will be crossing everything physically possible that they are alive. I was really looking forward to getting them today.
It sucks. Never ship after Tuesday though.
Glenn
frogfreak Wrote:It sucks. Never ship after Tuesday though.

Yep, shipping in the latter half of the week is just begging for disaster. The shipper should have known this also ...
Yea I am thinking and seeing that now. I just am hoping they turn up and the usps proves me wrong and gets them to me alive. Anyone know how long they can live in a package?
There was a case of some vanzolini that disappeared into the USPS black hole for several days (6 or 7) and showed up in good shape. There's a thread here on DB somewhere. Considering the temps this time of year, you have a good chance of them surviving a few days.
I sure hope so. I just hope the damn shitty workers actually are searching for them.
Found the vanzolini thread. It was 10 days. Many other horror stories about all of the shippers (USPS, UPS, Fed-ex).
Well let's hope the packaging was done well. Also hope they can find the package. IT shouldn't be hard, he said he taped it with bright orange tape. I would think something like that would stand out. Anyone else have any stories about how long they have heard or had their frogs be in the package and live?
Chalk it up to shit happens. I have used usps, fedex, and ups. They have all done a great job almost every time I used them and yet all of them have mishandled a package in some way. I do not believe, unless something has changed, that any of the three give any sort of a guarantee on live goods. Nor do they give any "special" attention to those packages either. For the most part almost every package makes it to the destination without any problems. Unfortunately and on very rare occassion, based on the volume of paskages handled, some of them get delayed, misplaced, or whatever. It sucks when it happens but it does and will happen.
What pisses me off the most is the customer service I have received. At least pretend to give a shit, not show you don't care. Well I will see if they can find it and actually get them to me alive.
Well I got the frogs today. They are alive and kickin! Still think the post office is stupid. Express 1 day equals 3 day guarantee with them. Makes no sense.
I don't think they are doing overnight anymore unless it for a really short distance. Like within the state. There was just a recent thread about their shipping changes.
If the seller said overnight USPS and was more then a state away something doesn't sound right to me. Just my opinion of course.
Good to know. Thanks for the news.
There is no reason in this day and age to use USPS (far and away the worst) for overnight frog shipping. Other than to save a couple bucks and add a bunch of stress.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
jellyman Wrote:Chalk it up to shit happens. I have used usps, fedex, and ups. They have all done a great job almost every time I used them and yet all of them have mishandled a package in some way. I do not believe, unless something has changed, that any of the three give any sort of a guarantee on live goods. Nor do they give any "special" attention to those packages either. For the most part almost every package makes it to the destination without any problems. Unfortunately and on very rare occassion, based on the volume of paskages handled, some of them get delayed, misplaced, or whatever. It sucks when it happens but it does and will happen.

A few things to comment on here:

If you use SYR and purchase insurance and the package is late and the frogs are dead, the insurance is supposed to cover the frogs and the cost of the shipment. SYR uses FedEx and I have never had a problem with FedEx, the latest a shipment has ever been was an hour or two and that was due to a tornado.

I have used UPS and I purchase insurance for the animals through a private company, that insurance will cover losses regardless if the package is on time or not. I have never had to make a claim and the latest a package has ever been was ~6 hours. This was also due to a tornado.

As for USPS, I have shipped frogs with them a handful of times and experienced numerous problems including a shipment taking 3 days to deliver and 10 dead froglets. Others include shipments riding around in trucks all day and having to pick them up the following morning, lies about attempted deliveries, and the list goes on and on. As others have stated, there is absolutely no reason to use them. You are playing with fire if you think that trying to save $20-30 is worth the potential headaches and/or deaths, and if I am shipping I absolutely refuse to use them since I am responsible for refunding the buyers money.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020