Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

What happened to the 10 gal with 12 frogs ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to the 10 gal with 12 frogs ?
No pics of the frogs yet.
You should probably post this under that thread.
Couldn't get all twelve but I got a few......... My camera sucks but at least you can see them and know that they are not imaginary Wink 12 in this ten gallon tank and buying two more to add to the mix. Working on a 400 gallon enclosure with pics to follow up when I am done. I gotta say some people here are rude man. It is a wonder you get any posts. I dont even have any comments for the rude folks because I am an adult Wink

Attached Files

.jpg   image6.jpg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 2,027)
.jpg   image4.jpg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 2,034)
.jpg   image0.jpg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 2,001)
Here are a couple more........

Attached Files

.jpg   image16.jpg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 2,001)
.jpg   image8.jpg (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 1,984)
One suggestion.

If you are going to build other vivs anyway, would it not make sense just to make a viv for each species you have and build a bit more respect from some of us ?

Try something that is actually good for the hobby ?? :wink:

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
hey man, I am totally willing to purchase the strawberrry frogs from you. What do you say?

Ed
It looks more like a Man Creek to me.
Well I know that Smile. Strawberry is just the "pet trade" name for practically all red pumilio. I want them cause I have a few man creeks/almirante's that I would like to set up in a large viv, with maybe like 4 or 5 frogs.

Ed
I just ordered a greenhouse that will be placed into a large closet I have off my frog room. Over 400 gal. I am hoping to get some obligates that require tons of room.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Very cool Rich, Good idea. Is it one of those green house kits you can buy at Home depot? I saw one there for ~$800. Putting it indoors address most of the common problems regarding keeping frogs in greenhouses. 400 gallons is very large but I see that it is still reasonable, meaning you could provide enough food in that large of a space with some creativity.

I didn't want to steal the thread, but wanted to comment Big Grin
Rob

E. anthonyi, D. imitator, C. azureiventris, D. amazonicus, D. lamasi (pan & pan gl), P. aurotaenia, D. variabilis, D. quinquevittatus, D. reticulatus, D. matecho, D. pumilio cauchero & escudos
Hey Rob,
I am getting this one on-line. I plan on plumbing a drain, auto mister, and water circ. feature. I should have about eight different species of feeders ( I am lumping all FFs together) so the food thing should be no problem at all. Some of these bugs crawl up, some down, some burrow, some fly. The kit is big bang for the buck.

Rich

Very cool indeed, of course make a journal of the construction.

How will you do a water feature? I see something self-contained being the only way. Bury a pond liner in the substrate and run a pump to form a water feature??

Will the lights be inside the greenhouse?

I wonder if you will see new bahavior in some of the species that you would never see displayed in a standard (+/-30gal) hobbiest enclosure?

You should set up a web-cam inside pinpointed on some of the males calling perches....cool!!
Rob

E. anthonyi, D. imitator, C. azureiventris, D. amazonicus, D. lamasi (pan & pan gl), P. aurotaenia, D. variabilis, D. quinquevittatus, D. reticulatus, D. matecho, D. pumilio cauchero & escudos
I will take pics along the way.
I will need to construct a back and a base liner. I plan on using what is used to custom build showers/custom marble/tile stalls for the base with heavy visqueen running up the back . The back will have a drip wall plumbed and a water feature running through a deadfall tree. Auto mister plumbed with a drain for overflow, misted three times a day. Screened vent , with quite a bit of temp taking to check the different micro climates.
Light outside the greenhouse /viv .
I am hoping for two different species of obligates. One I hear needs TONS of room to produce well.
A webcam is interesting ,but I think there is plenty of reality TV out there already.

Rich

I thought I would move this from Hybrid Larry's post ( or the post ABOUT Hybrid Larry) to the "HUGE amonts of GS " post. Sorry Larry.

Rich

Hybrid Larry, thats funny.
Poor Larry. I say leave Larry alone with his 10 gallon and 54 frogs.
Rich what is the size of the 400g? I have been looking at larger ones but still alot of questions on how easy it might be to contain them in a green house.

Mike
becuase this thread made a left-turn off topic, the greenhouse discussion was rightly moved here:
http://dartden.com/viewtopic.php?t=276

There you will find a link Rich posted regarding the greenhouse size and structure...very neat idea!!
Rob

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020