Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

What plants for my dart frog tank ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What plants for my dart frog tank ?
What live plants should I use in my dart frog tank? OK, I'm getting some dart frogs in a few weeks and I'm not sure which live plants I will need to put in there with them. does anyone know what plants I should use and how much these plants will cost.
PS I live in England.
Welcome to the hobby! There are a bunch of great Froggers "across the pond."
Most tropical plants will work, my favorites are episcia, begonia, most peperomia species,pilea, oak leaf ficus, Hoya, if you have a large viv I have been using scindapsis "silver satin" with success plus bromeliads.
This is my "short list" I am sure others will pipe in on their favorites. If you are wondering if some specific plants will work post them.
I have no idea on cost in the UK perhaps we can get some assistance from some UK Froggers.
-Beth
riyamena Wrote:What live plants should i use in my dart frog tank? ok im getting some dart frogs i a few weeks and im not sure which live plants i will need to put in there with them. does anyone know what plants i should use and how much these plants will cost..
PS i live in england.

Hi Riyamena,

welcome to the small world of dart frogs,where a cry for a bit of help posted in America,naturally gets help from americans 8) ,but also Canucks happen to step in and alert locals whom might just offer some of that local knowledge.Me i think that's awesome.

Some great frog safe plants can be found at www.rainforestvivs.co.uk. You'll be speaking to Richie there,he's a fabulous guy he'll help you. There is Gill at www.justairplants.com she is lovely and has fantastic knowledge of plants as she grows alot herself. If you can't find what you need give me a shout and I'll see what else I can dig out for you.You can tell them Stu sent you,but they might not speak to you again :lol: .Seriously they are both good 'uns I know you'll get good plants that carry no chemicals and good advice aswell

Good luck with your frogs,go slow, learn hard and master your culturing,before you have frogs.sometime it is difficult to find what you want feeder wise here at short notice,so it's very important that you really have this side of things sorted before you get frogs

take care

Stu

Oh ps we actually grow most of our plants ourselves so in some cases i might be able to lend a hand too
riyamena Wrote:What live plants should i use in my dart frog tank? ok im getting some dart frogs i a few weeks and im not sure which live plants i will need to put in there with them. does anyone know what plants i should use and how much these plants will cost..
PS i live in england.

Hi,
Basically what stu said :grin: .
The two suppliers he mentioned are both highly recommended and have a good selection of different plant suitable for your viv. If you are looking for something specific let us know either stu or I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Just one word of caution, go for the slower growing plants, I made the mistake of opting for really fast growing stuff on my first civil and now spend 1/2 a day a month trimming back plants which seem to grow as I watch!

Oh, welcome to the wonderful world of darts!
Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020