Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of moss for waterfall ?
I'm starting a 20gallon palladrium what are some good mosses for it? Is there any moss sticky enough for a waterfall?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As in for water to run through it.

Java moss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Java may not just be the best. It may the only moss suitable for an active waterfall.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
What about folius moss? I've seen pictures of it on drip walls but don't know about waterfalls.
A girl named Joey.
I've been dabbling with folius myself. Idk if you want it saturated 24/7 or water running over it the whole time. Idk if it would stay put with a water flow or if it would flourish in constant water.

I mean I guess it's worth a shot but in my opinion I wouldn't risk it. Only because you only receive so much per package and I don't want to waste it ya know. I recently put java on my waterfall a couple weeks ago and it's just now starting to show signs of growth. Honestly I feel like everyday it grows a little more. It grows so well, I hear, that you can take some here and there and it'll continue to grow

[Image: a4aje4yd.jpg]

Awesome water fall how did you make it?

Thanks bro! I'll prob never do another water feature again. It's dripping off that driftwood. There's a pump under the false bottom. It's located on the other side of the tank so all the water cycles through. I covered the pump in a big 3" fluval filter sponge thing. I want to do one on the next one but then again I don't. It's way less planning for me if I don't do it. Here's a pic of the fall, sorry about the reflections. [Image: ehupu7yb.jpg]

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020