Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Which Tinctorius morphs grow the largest?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Tinctorius morphs grow the largest?
I'm a newcomer to the hobby and would like to acquire a Tinc. I have an 18 gallon high terrarium that is well planted and just about ready to go. I was wondering if someone could please give me a little advice. On an average which Tinc morphs produce the largest adults and what are the size one may expect. Thank you in advance.
Hi,
Welcome,
Reginas and giant orange are big, as well as powder blues. Hard to measure them while hopping , but I would say all three are well over 40mm vent to snout.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
Just wondering, but what would one of the smaller morphs.
Brooks
Hi,
Patricias and Oyapocs are considered "dwarf" along with dwarf cobalts.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
I have a blue sip that is close to 5cm.
Quote:I have an 18 gallon high terrarium that is well planted

I would not recommend housing more than 1 pair of tincs in a 18gal high vivarium. These are large, terrestrial frogs which like plenty of space.

Cheers and Welcome
Rob

E. anthonyi, D. imitator, C. azureiventris, D. amazonicus, D. lamasi (pan & pan gl), P. aurotaenia, D. variabilis, D. quinquevittatus, D. reticulatus, D. matecho, D. pumilio cauchero & escudos
I've only planned on a single frog to a pair in the same tank as well as a morph specific cohabitation only. I want to avoid the dread mutt offspring. I'm just getting started here. I don't want to get kick out already. Thanks to all for the tips.
You also might want to consider some d. leucomelas. They are a great frog and they are easy to maintain, plus they are fairly bold and have a loud, cool, mating call. You can probably get good specimens for about $25-45 each, I know some people that have some available if you are interested. They are one of my personal favorites and you would surley enjoy them, plus they can be kept in larger groups. You could keep a 3 or 4 in the viarium you described. Enjoy!

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020