Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow morphs of Tinctorius
Hello guys hope your all well!! ha and your charges. Simply put,what are the identifying features of the yellow morphs of tinc.
I have never really been able to get a complete answer to this question.I am aware of the tropical experiance morph guide.
We are talking here mt achibakka,mt lafumee,macheto,regina/giant orange,citronella,nakita,yellow back saul(although i believe this is smaller than the rest),er i think thats all of them and hope you guys use the same names,as we English.

as always, thanks in advance.
Stu
Stu,

We tend to go by that Tropical Experience morph guide over here as well.

That said, there is some conjecture about the Giant Orange, Matecho, Regina morphs and their locality.

I believe the "Citronella" name was applied by famous U.S Miami Discus breeder and dart frog pioneer - Jack Wattley way back in the early 90's.....

Hopefully more people will post here to help sort you out.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Thankyou sir,quite confusing this!!It may well be that we end up back on the collection data issue(like the bastis) as some can't be told apart visually. But you have a lot of knowledge here so have high hopes!!
Stu
,still trying on this one!
Stu
Are you asking for specifics not given on Tropical? Or finding their info not accurate? I'm not getting the question here.
In most cases, tincs will throw offspring which look pretty much as they do. There is not tons of variance in their offsprings' patterns.
Tropical's pictures are representative.

Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
RichFrye Wrote:Are you asking for specifics not given on Tropical? Or finding their info not accurate? I'm not getting the question here.
In most cases, tincs will throw offspring which look pretty much as they do. There is not tons of variance in their offsprings' patterns.
Tropical's pictures are representative.

Rich
Thankyou Rich for the reply,in no way am i questioning tropical experiance morph guide, what i am after is more detail than provided there.EG: nakita and citronella ,we have a pair of citonella,one has very dark blue legs almost black,and no spot,but some do have a spot with dark legs which look hugely similar to the nakita morph illustrated,are there other features that distinguish the 2.
Regina and La fumee: there are 2 very differing pictures of la fumee,one with a solid yellow back one not,regina looks like it is somewhere betwixt the 2,coupled with a ref to giant orange,having no blue underneath,regina having blue? its these kind of details I am asking for clarification on,does that make more sense. while we are talking is macheto purely a black and yellow frog,do the yougsters ever have blue in the legs?
So yes very much specifics not given in the morph guide!
thanks again
Stu

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020