Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
big lump on my Leucs head
This is my male leuc. I have noticed a small lump on his head before. Today i finally got a good view of him and was able to get this pic and now its huge. He acts totally normal. He is still eating ,calling, and breeding like crazy. Anyone ever seen anything like this before?
[Image: 107441019.jpg]
Same here, also got a leuc with a lump. It's hard to see it on pictures.

Here's a link to a little video

Any ideas? Post on dendroboard suggests a possible parasite. Apparantly someone went to a vet, they drained the lump and a worm like creature came out with the puss.

jmcc000 Wrote:This is my male leuc. I have noticed a small lump on his head before. Today i finally got a good view of him and was able to get this pic and now its huge. He acts totally normal. He is still eating ,calling, and breeding like crazy. Anyone ever seen anything like
any clue on what type of parasite this was? my alanis seems to have a similar situation but its under her arm and it seems to be hurting her as she is not really moving about the tank to hunt. im going to the vet tomorrow and it would probably be helpful if i had some background on this. thanks.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020