Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

construct a vivarium out of fish tank?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
construct a vivarium out of fish tank?
Hey guys I was in my shed and found a couple of fish tanks that I have a 5, 10 , and 15 gal tank. Can I use any of these as a dart frog set up so that I put them to good use? Please help and any ideas or tips would be great.What kind of dart frogs could I house in them if I do convert any of these tanks.
- Surrie
Surrie
Yes you can use them. If they were mine, the 10 and 15 would be converted to a vertical tanks.
brad
hello brad how do I go about making vertical tanks? do you happen to have a link?
Surrie
I agree with Brad, the 15 vertical would be good for a few thumbs, the 5 and 10 could be used for "grow out" or quarantine vivs.
-Beth
You turn the tank on end and then purchase or fabricate your own door. A lot of folks that keep thumbs go vertical w/fish tanks. I bought some doors (way too lazy to make my own) from a vendor that had an ad and some feedback on this site. Here's a thread of somebody doing a vert conversion - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8197&p=56800&hilit=vertical#p56800
brad
Thanks Brad were the doors easy to mount?
Surrie
The doors I bought were super easy to install, and very well made - http://dartden.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7851&hilit=supe
brad
wow, those doors look really good do you get them from a vendor or does someone custom make them?
Surrie
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7729&p=52441#p52441
brad

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020