Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D3monic's super build thread
Overplanting? Nah...that's what they make shears for !

There was a lot of snipping going on today in my Frog Room....
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Looks great so far! I cant wait to see what broms you got!
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Albert Einstein
1.2.0 pumilio (drago colon) 1.1.0 pumilio (Escudo) 0.0.4 M. stelzneri 0.0.2 D. tinc (patricia) 0.1.0 D leucomelas
-Keith
Only thing I did not like about the EcoWeb is how hard it is to attach a brom to it.
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
Mike,
your little begonia looks like it could be
Begonia 'Kit Kat'
or
Begonia bowerae var. nigromarga
either of these will do well in the terrarium, staying small
and manageable.
Any more detailed info about clay background construction, like what type of clay and the process of forming and letting it dry and such?
2.1.0 Cobalt
1.1.0 Aurotaenia
I used http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... G4Q8wIwAQ# mixed in a 5gal bucket with spagnum, peat and a couple live mosses. Slowly adding in water and mixing until it was the consistency of clay and smushed it onto the background. It takes some pretty good mixing to break down the litter but works pretty well. You want to keep the background moderatly moist but not soaking wet. Too dry and it begins to crack and too wet it will slough off the background. Once you get enough roots and organic matter growing in it, it will stay together better.
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
Finished the final tank last week.

I did a mix of ecoweb, GS and bark. Turned out pretty well. Only thing its missing is some clay Wink

[Image: IMG_1224.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1222.jpg]

Planted

[Image: IMG_1469.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1471.jpg]

Episcia Silver Skies

[Image: IMG_1529.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1483.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1503.jpg]
Love the "Tri-sided" backgrounds with sections of cork to hold everything together as well as rooting some plants on.

Nice mixture of Organics and not just Great Stuff.

Superb Michael !
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
The new build looks great Mike.....Great job.
Beautiful Mike! Fantastic pictures as well!
Thanks for posting. Smile
0.0.2- Varadero-- 0.0.2 Amazonicus Red-- 0.0.3 Tarapota
If your feelin' froggy...

--Richie
Looks great Mike!
Love the plant assortment!
Thanks for the heads up on the clay BG. I am still working with my GS build.. never again ( at least for a complete BG). I was able to build hides right into the BG but I really tried to make it too complex (too bad I didn't know about this board before i started the thing years ago). It'll all work out and lessons learned. I see a ton of stuff to do different now so next ones will be better =D

SO i got a 150 gallon bowfront I am thinkin of dividing into 5ths instead of building a 'room'. It was a reef tank so lots of hiding spots built in the back for pumps etc, and a huge lighting top, plus gi-huge-ic stand I could use for other junk below. Any advice, thoughts, or downfalls from anyone that has done something similar?

All that said, your vivs look fantastic before they get planted. I can only imagine a few years of growth how they will be. Keep posting the pics I am soaking this up.

PS i went to the local hydroponics store and got pure/nothing added ground coco husk; a brick that makes 3 cubic feet hydrated (comes in 3 -1.5" cakes that are 12x12). It was 10 bux, and to think I almost bought the little bricks at the pet store for the same price.. I got enough of this to last :o
2.1.0 Cobalt
1.1.0 Aurotaenia
I used the clay BG method this eve.. Worked to perfection. Thanks a bunch for the recipe Big Grin
2.1.0 Cobalt
1.1.0 Aurotaenia
Time for a few grow in shots.

Have i mentioned that i really love how the Benedicta tank is coming along? Oh and the Benedicta!

[Image: IMG_1654.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1750.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1753.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1755.jpg]

I absolutly love these Vines, they grow very quickly.

[Image: IMG_1756.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1762.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1757.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1758.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1759.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1760.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1761.jpg]
Retic viv

[Image: IMG_1763.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1764.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1766.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1767.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1769.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1770.jpg]

Unfortunatly I can't keep the doors open very long because pretty boy always wants to come see me. By far my boldest frog.

[Image: IMG_1771.jpg]

Uakarii Viv

[Image: IMG_1772.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1774.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1775.jpg]
Currently frogless Highland lamasi viv

[Image: IMG_1776.jpg]

Silver Skies is finally starting to branch out.

[Image: IMG_1777.jpg]

Monstera is doing ok,

[Image: IMG_1778.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1779.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1780.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1781.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1782.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1783.jpg]
Might as well include the other vivs as well.

Varadero

[Image: IMG_1786.jpg]

Vanzolinii

[Image: IMG_1788.jpg]

Escudo

[Image: IMG_1789.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1790.jpg]

Previously froglet grow out, not sure what I am going to do with it just yet.

[Image: IMG_1791.jpg]

The neglected C. Valley viv. I need to do some replanting in here.

[Image: IMG_1792.jpg]

I need to clean the glass on the 75gal

[Image: IMG_1794.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1797.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1795.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1747.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1744.jpg]
I'd love a handful of your plants.. beautiful pics

Keep'm coming Wink
2.1.0 Cobalt
1.1.0 Aurotaenia
Such sweet tanks bro, and possibly the best frog selections ever.

I thought Benedicta were supposed to be shy?....You are getting some amazing shots of them concidering their timid tendencies!
They don't seem too shy to me. They come out and get really active for a few hours when i mist. thanks to their bright red heads I can always spot one or two in viv. They like to sit in brom axils with their head peaking out.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020