Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidity, covering vivs ?
Hey guys I have 2 exo terra tanks (24x18x18 and 24x18x24) and I had read that completely covering the vents on the doors would help keep the humidity up. now im reading that its not the best for the frogs. Should I completely uncover the vent or just partially? The frogs look to be doing ok and so do most of the plants
Korey
Do you have a vent on the top of your tanks?
Glenn
cyclops23 Wrote:Hey guys I have 2 exo terra tanks (24x18x18 and 24x18x24) and I had read that completely covering the vents on the doors would help keep the humidity up. now im reading that its not the best for the frogs. Should I completely uncover the vent or just partially? The frogs look to be doing ok and so do most of the plants

The vents / holes on the front doors are designed to circulate air to keep the entire front door(s) clear of moisture for better viewing.

What is important, is to have at least 80% of the TOP of the enclosure covered. Glass is best /easiest / cheapest.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
No vent on top I replaced the screen with glass. Thanks Phil I removed the tape blocking the door vents
Korey
cyclops23 Wrote:No vent on top I replaced the screen with glass. Thanks Phil I removed the tape blocking the door vents

Opening the vent at the bottom will do very little without a vent at the top, but can't hurt in any way.
Glenn
Not having a vent at the top is fine right? Everything Ive read said replacing the screen with glass is the way to go but just making sure! My house is dry, even in the summer, and I want to retain all the humidity I can for these guys
Korey

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020