Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Moderators ? Yes, no, maybe.....
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderators ? Yes, no, maybe.....
D3monic Wrote:On the other forum that I am a moderator on the mod's don't just close, delete or ect (unless its spam)

We report a post, All the moderators get a notification that a post has been reported and the reason why. then in the private moderator forum we discuss it as a group and the appropriate action with the forum owner having the ultimate say....sadly the frogger genera seem to have a few more whiners and fight starters than the Reefer's. Thankfully its only a small handfull who for the most part are only out to get one particular person.

this method helps quell the cry of Moderator abuse...sensorship ect. Honestly though outside of the occasional big swear word, "censored word" spam (that we tend to keep around in the moderator forum for further review Wink ) and people trying to cheat on contests the only real need for Moderators is the keep the forum alive and kicking.

Moderators are not just there to treat everyone like children, they are there to make sure no question goes unanwered, to make new comers feel welcome, they are the life and breath of a good active forum.

I could go on and on about the duities of a GOOD moderator. If their only job is to make sure everyones egos get stroked and to keep people from leaving feedback then they will obviously be unliked.

It is the same way for a forum I moderate as well. No Mod makes an independent decision with members issues etc.
I have a hard time believing the fact that their are people that stipid out there that think one Mod makes all of the decisions.

IMO being a Mod is giving something back to the hobby, some would prefer to just damage it and forums that help the hobby as well.

Plus, even Mods have opinions, go figure......
-Beth
A mod being able to say "I don't know" is a biggie in my book. Humility. A good quality abscent from many.
Ive heard your co-moderator say it many times Beth, and I respect him for it...
Derek
1.5 kids and a bunch of frogs
Thanks Derek,
I have said it before as well but will try to find an answer.
Yeah the other moderator is "Golden." Smile
-Beth
So are youSmile. You do your job well there, imo.
Are you guys talking about lil ol me. Thanks for the compliments, guys! Smile

You'd have to have a pretty BIG head to not be able to say "I don't know" Not my style...

I've only been in the hobby 2 years. I try and make that very well known.

It helps a lot, when you have a partner, that is so easy to work with. :wink:
Glenn
Yup, hi Glen, and your welcome.
Back to the thread a bit, i agree with Michael regarding what he said with it being somebody relatively new, not somebody firmly established in the hobby, and what D3 was saying, but, depending on what your level of involvement will be in the process Phil, as Beth pointed out, youd prob. need 2 (?)
Derek
Thanks Glenn. Smile
We are lucky, all the problems left but Phil, we spend alot of time removing Spam.
-Beth
DKOOISTRA Wrote:Back to the thread a bit, i agree with Michael regarding what he said with it being somebody relatively new, not somebody firmly established in the hobby, and what D3 was saying, but, depending on what your level of involvement will be in the process Phil, as Beth pointed out, youd prob. need 2 (?)
Derek

I agree with this as well. A newer, level headed person. 2 would be good.

You're going to need time away and you can't spend every waking moment on here. Other things would suffer...
Glenn
so far so good on the Moderation front !

This site is about 500% more active in the past 3 months than it was in the past 3 years .Good stuff.

I think there is a little collateral damage to the hobby though....def not on purpose. A couple younger, smaller Dart Frog sites have taken a big hit due to our increased traffic. Unfortunate, but it is really hard to have more than 2 Dart Frog sites in a given country. Coke and Pepsi seem to make it, but I guess RC Cola always takes a hit.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
And which one are we ? Personally, I prefer Cherry Coke Wink
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
Maybe we are...about....at...Dr. Pepper, right now 8)
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020