Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need to know EVERYTHING
im totally new to the hobby. but im building a terrarium right now. it will measure 48" long, 24"tall, and 18" front to back. ive designed a waterfall system on the right side, and i plan on it feeding into a small pond. my question is, is a misting system necessary, what sort of light fixture is best for tropical plants, and what sort of substrate goes best under live moss?
tropical animals are expensive...
i think hand misting is plenty good enough.after a few months your fingers are so buffed up all you need to do is point at people and they scatter!....lol

light..........at least a 6500k fullspectrum

substrate........many different methods and mixtures. just dont use potting soil!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

ohh! and my name is aaron!
I have just one tank, so I hand mist. I bought a bottle that you pump ten times. Then you just push a button and it sprays. I find it MUCH easier to use that a traditional spray bottle. I got it at PETCO for around ten dollars. It was worth every cent! Fran
misting is usually good. what kind of plants do you have?
i went to lowes and got a GARDEN PLUS hand sprayer $6.00 .it is the pump kind also :wink:
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

ohh! and my name is aaron!
sweet deal! Big Grin
a good book on the subject is always beneficial.

misting systems arent a necessity, if your going to have a water feature, it will keep the moisture up, and a nice spray bottle will keep everything else happy, if you have the money and really want to trick out and automate the tank, a mister is a cool feature.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020