Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Need Your Help - Pics for Calender wanted
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Your Help - Pics for Calender wanted
Hey everyone...I have been wanting to create a calender for 2012 and instead of it being of my frogs I thought it would be cool to include pictures of peoples vivarium/ frog pictures for the calendar. In order for this to happen I need to have pictures submitted to me via email rainforestherps.calender@gmail.com by September 16th. If I receive enough photos I might do one for each of the following: Pumilio, Dendrobates, Ranitomeya, and Phyllobates and any other dart frog family group not listed.

If your photo is selected we will send you a free copy of the calendar and a $15 gift certificate to our store that can be used on anything. We will create a voting group of selected forum members to come up with the lucky 12 winners and post who they are in Nov.

If you send us a picture you understand that you are giving us, Rainforest Herps, rights to use your photo in any way/ shape or form. We will not alter your watermark if one is included and give you credit for the photograph. Please make sure that this is YOUR photo and not someone else's photo.

When you submit a photo please make sure it has your watermark somewhere tasteful in the photo please. It can be added on simply through photobucket or many other photo software products. Ive included a few examples below:

[Image: DSC_0308.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0157-1.jpg]
Please include the species name and send me the largest file possible
Will you be donating the profits from the sale of the calendars to an amphibian conservation group or project?
Cindy Dicken Wrote:Will you be donating the profits from the sale of the calendars to an amphibian conservation group or project?

That is the plan and looking at a few different ones for everyone to vote on in Nov.
You didn't mention that in your initial post.
Which established, recognized conservation groups are you considering?
Cindy Dicken Wrote:You didn't mention that in your initial post.
Which established, recognized conservation groups are you considering?

Im looking at TWI, Amphibian Ark, and trying to get info from Matt M. for the ones that were options in the Frog Day vote.
Here you go, this should help.
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/frog ... sage/52853
If its for charity you should just ask one of the main sites for the use of their photography, this way its all professional grade photos that would fit the ideals of a calendar and you wouldn't have to claim rights to other people's frog pics.

Michael
Everyday I meet someone I dislike, are you today's pick? If you dislike me it's because somethings wrong with you!

Don't Be A Hybridiot!
Poison Beauties Wrote:If its for charity you should just ask one of the main sites for the use of their photography, this way its all professional grade photo's that would fit the ideals of a calendar and you wouldn't have to claim rights to others frog pics.

Michael

Either way I would have to claim rights to use the pictures since Im the one making the picture. At least thats what my lawyer says to keep from copy write infringement. I have to have permission to use anyones photos that arent mine
I'm not so sure you have to own the pictures to use them. If you get permission for a charity project use of them whats it matter if you own them ? No one will profit and you could credit those who provided pics.
Everyday I meet someone I dislike, are you today's pick? If you dislike me it's because somethings wrong with you!

Don't Be A Hybridiot!
I'm not owning the photos nor am I taking credit for them Michael. This is why I asked to include their watermark that would not be altered. All I'm asking is to use the photos now and if I chose to use the photos again in a later date I already have there permission, always giving the person credit for their photos though.
I really like the idea of hobbyist submitted photos.

Off topic a bit but on a reef forum that I moderate (term used loosly since I rarely visit any more) we do a monthly photo contest and I always thought it would be neat at the end of the year to make a calender from everyones photos and make them available for pretty much cost.

I think as long as they either water mark their image or credit is given in small pring under the photo all would be golden. Especially if those who's photos are chosen are offered free calenders.
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
Here are a few out of some we like so far...Have gotten a lot of emails though and still going through them. Keep them coming...can also be of a viv.

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=4635c6c23b&view=att&th=13172c10...o9edo21&zw]
[Image: ?ui=2&ik=4635c6c23b&view=att&th=1316e4f7...n10q2a2&zw]
[Image: ?ui=2&ik=4635c6c23b&view=att&th=1316ed49...=inline&zw]
[Image: ?ui=2&ik=4635c6c23b&view=att&th=1316ed49...=inline&zw]
[Image: ?ui=2&ik=4635c6c23b&view=att&th=13169ecb...=inline&zw]
[Image: DSC_0051-1.jpg]
Here are the ones that didnt show up for some reason...sorry everyone.

[Image: Untitled_HDR3logo.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7458.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1545.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1206.jpg]
[Image: BJ_Vent_1-3.jpg]
Off to a great start! Look forward to seeing the final product!
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
I could use pumilio pictures... haven't received the first one yet Sad
Our first pumilio picture sent to us Big Grin

[Image: frogpicscountyfair2011081.jpg]
Wooo! That's a looker! Confusedhock:
Mike
-- Google is nifty. Please use it BEFORE getting a pet. --
We have enough for 1 calender of mixed species...would there be enough interest in making a them based of of the following:

Tincs/ Auratus
Thumbnails
Pumilio
Any other dart

What does everyone think ?
Ok, here are the two choices we will spilt the proceeds between:

Mr. Pezzote
Captive Ex Situ Breeding through Captive Rearing Facilities and Monitoring of Recipient Sites for Five Native Colombian Species of Centrolenidae.

Dr. Coloma
Emergency actions for the conservation of Hyloxalus jacobuspetersi (Amphibia: Dendrobatidae), a species at the verge of extinction

If sells go real well I'll send money to Devin's project in Madagascar as well

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020