Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
some kind of mold?
#1
Like the title say I started my new viv a couple weeks ago and everything was going fine. There's no plants yet because I noticed some kind of mold may've on part of the BG. Atleast I think it is. Its in small patches and the started out looking almost like spider webs but when you get closer they look. Like little white hairs growing off if pieces of the coco fibers. Any idea of what this is? And is it harmful?
Like Reply
#2
Sounds normal....it will prolly peter out on it's own. You can "stir it up" or otherwise take something like a paper towel and daub at it - removing it. It's from high humidty and lack of airflow. Again...no biggie.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen


"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Like Reply
#3
Okay thanks maybe ill get some.fans
Like Reply
#4
Try to post pics of your viv, whenever possible. WAY easier to help and advise that way.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen


"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Like Reply
#5
Ok ill try to get some up tomorrow not sire if ill ne able to actual get any of what im talking about because of the position its in but ill try
Like Reply
#6
Sorry about the spelling errors my smart phone.isn't to smart
Like Reply
#7
Did you seed with springs? If not its definitely worth considering, they help keep the mold in check.
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Like Reply
#8
No actually I Havnt seeded with springs yet I felt that wasn't needed since the wasn't any plants or frogs yet
Like Reply
#9
If you do seed with springs, its best to do it a while before you put frogs in the viv, give them time to become established. Plus, they will eat most if not all of the mold. Not a necessity, the mold should go away on its own after a couple of weeks, but it can't hurt to have the springs in there.
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Like Reply
#10
Sounds like it could be spider mites. To my knowledge they will not hurt your frogs - might even provide a small snack.
Scott - North Dallas
Like Reply
#11
so i couldnt get the picture of the mold or whatever it is i was talking about because of where it was located and the camera couldnt get a good picture of it but i figured id snap a picture of the tank and post it.
[Image: viv002.jpg]
also i read either on here or DB that cork bark is completely fine to be constantly wet. is this so? because if this isnt true im going to need to rip my tank apart.
Like Reply
#12
Cork bark will be fine constantly wet.
-Field Smith
Some frogs...
Like Reply




Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)