Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trader Joe's Orchids
Not sure if "supplies & related" shout outs belong here, but going to roll the dice here...

We recently got a "Trader Joe's", and I'm actually sort of impressed with some of their orchids -- they have a fair number of "miniature or small" orchids in four inch pots, in spike, for $7.95 each.

Here's an Oncidium and a tiny-leaved Paphiopedilum with a big flower I picked up today -

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Nothing terribly rare or spectacular, to be sure, but for a "cheapie" small orchid to place in a viv, that's a tough price to beat. Both were in real nice shape, too -- rare for a grocery-store orchid in my experience, but that may be at least partially because the store is too new for them to have over or under watered them for an extended period of time.
Trader Joe's consistently has orchids in great shape.. all year. I have had hit and miss with them in vivs, but I am not all that good with orchids. A few months ago I found a few nice $4. ferns that I did not have and are still doing well . I always check their plant selection..just in case!

Just an fyi my favorite in food at the moment.. the arugula and tomato pizza, and of course wine and cheese prices are excellent. Not sure if I could live somewhere without a Traders.

Sally
Sally Wrote:Trader Joe's consistently has orchids in great shape.. all year. I have had hit and miss with them in vivs, but I am not all that good with orchids. A few months ago I found a few nice $4. ferns that I did not have and are still doing well . I always check their plant selection..just in case!

Good to hear; so far ours only seems to have some window garden herbs, cut flowers and orchids, but the rest may come seasonally.

Sally Wrote:Just an fyi my favorite in food at the moment.. the arugula and tomato pizza, and of course wine and cheese prices are excellent. Not sure if I could live somewhere without a Traders.

I'll have to give their pizza a try; I've been sampling their frozen food, and most of it is quite good -- and the prices are hard to beat. Last year we got In-N-Out, now Trader Joe's; we seem to be slowly becoming southern california -- minus the beach, anyway.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020