Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.K Froggers here - all discusson
lol they seem happy enough for now lol, dont suppose u know any good links on brom care, i found one on here ages ago that was r good but cant find it now (did book mark it but wiped pc n lost everything)
good luck finding em
Dani
danisparx Wrote:lol they seem happy enough for now lol, dont suppose u know any good links on brom care, i found one on here ages ago that was r good but cant find it now (did book mark it but wiped pc n lost everything)
good luck finding em
Dani
I guess the best advice here will come from Jill at justairplants,i can't give you alink but you'll find her, but they are not difficult Dani,keep the pool full and the feet not too wet in viv that will work,plant them in a sopping wet substrate and almost all will rot,get your head around the word epiphyte mate,i grow our food worked in horticulture its a different concept understand it and all is simple.most of the broms we use can actually have a bone dry base humid air and water in the pool are the big ones,taking pups will come later Big Grin
Stu
was the pups but i was after my 2 air ones lol have sprouted babie ones that are geting bout 3-4 inches(plant not stem) and wanted to c if i could split em n how to best?!?!?!
danisparx Wrote:was the pups but i was after my 2 air ones lol have sprouted babie ones that are geting bout 3-4 inches(plant not stem) and wanted to c if i could split em n how to best?!?!?!
are we talking air plants mate...tillandsia...or bromeliads? Tell us the latin names of what you are talking about Dani
Stu
there air broms but i havent got there latin names sowi?!?
danisparx Wrote:there air broms but i havent got there latin names sowi?!?
well lets go for a neo then as its likely,the stem holding the pup is simply severed as near to the parent as possibly pull the parent's leaf down and use secatuers as they can be tough,as it will root epiphytically so the stem(stolen i think can be attached to a dry viv with silicone,or puched into a whole drilled into a bit of wood,the stem will rot and roots will appear,to anchor the plant in place
sorted
Stu
magic ill give it a try just looked properly at my big brom (back left corner on my pics) and found three huge puups on that too so i removed n re planted lol filling out lovely now thanks so much for all ur help
Dani
danisparx Wrote:magic ill give it a try just looked properly at my big brom (back left corner on my pics) and found three huge puups on that too so i removed n re planted lol filling out lovely now thanks so much for all ur help
Dani
anytime mate
Stu
all replanted n well watered we'll see how they go?!?!
Dani
danisparx Wrote:all replanted n well watered we'll see how they go?!?!
Dani
top wet pool full bottom dryer an you'll be sorted mate,thing is Dani if you get it right the parent will keep going producing more pups, often times, if you remove the pups at the right time!!.... its a great way to build up numbers and still keep the original plant,if the original has pups too big often she will die
Stu
as promised pics my new friends !!
oh and cause im mad i got a memorial piece to remember the firs ones lol
they look great mate ,and I've a suspicion our host (Phil) will like your artwork Big Grin thanks for the pics dude,
bring it on
Stu
LOL...awesome Dani !!!
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
not to bad considering i did it my self lol
you inked yourself ? NIZE !
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
yup lol done 5 0n my seelf now lol dnt trust peeps to do it the way i want it lol i have a star shredded in to my other leg with lizzard scales beneath my skin lol

Im off shopping nextweekend for plants for the viv it looks v boring all green n no colours pluss my lil friends will have more places to hide n be happier right?? been on dartfrog.com n stole his list that he stocks n gonna go feiw local gdn centers to see what there stocking
danisparx Wrote:yup lol done 5 0n my seelf now lol dnt trust peeps to do it the way i want it lol i have a star shredded in to my other leg with lizzard scales beneath my skin lol

Im off shopping nextweekend for plants for the viv it looks v boring all green n no colours pluss my lil friends will have more places to hide n be happier right?? been on dartfrog.com n stole his list that he stocks n gonna go feiw local gdn centers to see what there stocking
Nice work on the Tat Dani didn't realise it was your work.Buddy be a little bit careful buy plants from garden centers because of the sprays/fertilisers they use,at the very least give them a damn good wash and remove the compo,i can't think how far webbs of wychbold is from you they sometimes have some nice plants in stock,maybe a bit too far away,anyway becareful dude,growing plants organically is not the cheepest way but its best for our frogs
Stu
thanks lol i used to work in a tattoo shop for a year n half til the owner got pissey bout people asking for me instead of her lol,

i dont have the space to grow my own we dont have a garden here Sad but im allways carefull with the plants i buy they all washed down n all soil removed n roots washed also its jus not worth the risk..
Dani
Hi ppl am looking at getting in to the hobby... But where do I start :? Is there any breeders near Essex. Any info on where to start would be great. I'm looking at building a viv but want to get it right first time so tips would be helpful lol.
Cheers wolly

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020