Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
viv construction
Pic of my Exo Tera 36x36x18. I used Touch n Foam Landscape for the background. I added some local driftwood and granite from the beaches. There are 14 different holes for plants. On the left hand side is a trickle waterfall. I am unsure about how large my false bottom will be yet. I would like to do a mostly land and part water/pond kind of look, but I have read mixed reviews about keeping darts with too much water? I read about 2 ways to glue the peat moss mixture to the background. Silicone or Titebond III. not sure which one is better? I also foam filled in a false wall in the back corner to hide and cords that I may need for the pump and what ever. Any suggestions or ideas would be great. Thank you.
Gretchen
a better pic.
The false wall for hide a cord
Looks good...I see that you water tested it as well. VERY prudent as sometimes they leak.

Love those new huge Exo Terras !
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
I'm really liking that. Can't wait to see it planted up.
Do you know where your frogs have been?
Philsuma Wrote:Love those new huge Exo Terras !

So do I!

The viv looks like a good start!
.Riko
Thanks I will post up dated photo very soon. my plant order came in yesterday. And WOW, I was very happy. everything looks great! got it all set up in a extra empty tank. Cant wait to get my background done so I can start planting.
I can't really say that one way is better than the other for securing the material to the background. I personally have only used GE silicone II
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" LaVey
I've only used silicone myself as well.

It's looking really nice. What frogs do you have in mind for it?
Glenn
I dont have any frogs in mind for it yet. I dont even know where to start. I love them all.

I used Titbond III. worked great!

Thanks for the comments
Gretchen
I finely finished the background cover. Waiting for it to dry.
Growing my plants in temporary tanks.
And a wild collected plant I found in the muskeg.
Gretchen

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020